Job Title: Accountants (All Levels)
Location: United Kingdom – Hybrid – Working from home options available
Compensation: Competitive Salaries + Excellent Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF49802
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part at one of our many sites across the UK, including: London, Bristol, Plymouth, Walsall, Portsmouth and various sites in Central Scotland.
Due to continuous growth, we are looking for multiple Finance professionals, at various levels, including:
• Senior / Management Accountants
• Financial Accountants
• Finance Analysts
• Business Support Accountants
As one of our Accountants, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary; as you’ll make a difference every day through providing a range of responsibilities including cost and benefit analysis, accounting, cost management, reporting, budgeting and forecasting. You’ll partner with a variety of stakeholders, all whilst contributing to the successful delivery of one of our many programmes of work, supporting key customers in industries which include defence, marine, civil nuclear, and emergency services.
Day to day, you’ll play a key role in the finance operations for your business area or major project delivery. Vacancies on offer stretch right across the finance function, from statutory accounts to true business partnering roles, providing guidance, challenge and support; interacting with key support functions, operational leads and other Finance colleagues across the business. Whatever your background or area of expertise, we are confident there will be a role which sparks your interest and ignites your passion.
Essential experience of the Accountant
• Demonstrable experience of working with budgeting, forecasting and reporting.
• Experience of working in a Defence setting is highly desirable.
• Prior exposure to working with MoD Stakeholders and / or contracts, is desirable but, not essential.
• Ability to understand and manipulate data to present clear and concise financial messages for review.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. These roles can be delivered from multiple sites, across the UK, alongside home working arrangements.
Qualifications for the Accountant
• Ideally, be degree qualified (or equivalent) in Accountancy; as well as hold or be working towards a professional qualification (ACCA, ACA, CIMA)
The successful candidate must be able to achieve Basic DBS security clearance level for this role.
• Generous holiday allowance
• Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
• Employee share scheme
• Employee shopping savings portal
• Payment of Professional Fees
• Reservists in the armed forces receive ten days special paid leave
• Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
• ‘Be Kind Day’ enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pages.
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 17/05/2023