Location: Tech Ops (DFW-SV04)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 66379
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you'll love this job
- This job is a member of the Engineering, Quality and Training Team within the Integrated Operations Division.
- Responsible for developing analytic tools to distill data for anlaysis to improve aircraft reliability. This job also drives reporting programming quality and delivery integrity by paying attention to solution planning, follow-ups, thoroughess and details.
What you'll do
- Interfaces with multiple computer programs or software to manage daily work and task execution
- Performs coding/programming
- Performs requirements gathering
- Assists with the development and maintenance of advanced analytic models and processes
- Assists with the development and maintenance of various reports, dashboards, and visualizations
- Interfaces with IT to institutionalize new tools
- Trains others on new tools
- Assists with ad-hoc analysis as needed
All you'll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering, Data Science, Operations Research, Computer Science, Mathematics, related fields or equivalent experience/training
- 1 year experience in programming languages such as R, Python, SQL, HTML, Java Script, C#
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Advanced degree (MS) in Engineering, Data Science, Operations Research, Computer Science, or Mathematics
- Knowledge of functioal area and maintenance applications such as SAFE, MAP, DECS, SAP, APC, etc.
- 2+ years’ experience in a technical professional environment
- Aviation experience
- FAA Airframe and PowerPlant license or equivalent
- Familiarity with the airline/travel industry
- Ability to collect/ manage data from disparate sources into a comprehensive view of a business problem
- Prior experience with recommender systems and/or text mining
- Preference will be given to candidates with demonstrated experience in one or more of the following areas:
- R or Python programming
- Alteryx data blending and Tableau data visualization
- Data Mining/Big Data concepts and tools
- Knowledge of classification, statistical and machine learning algorithms for predictive and prescriptive analytics
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of programming languages, ie., R, Python, SQL, HTML, Java Script, C#
- Demonstrated aptitude for logical analysis, problem identification, and problem solving as well as excellent
- interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to use computer-based tools and programming languages to implement solutions
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels within the organization
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects at the same time
What you'll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 66379