Location: DFW Headquarters Building 8 (DFW-SV08)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 66450
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you'll love this job
- This job is a member of the Customs Team within the Integrated Operations Division.
- Responsible for being the subject matter expert for customs and trade issues involving regulatory activity.
What you'll do
- Performs day to day entry analysis to ensure American Airlines (AA) meets Customs and Border Protection’s (CBP’s) Importer Self-Assessment (ISA) requirements which is governed by the Code of Federal Regulations CFR 19
- Performs daily Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS), Schedule B and ECCN classifications for the operations of AA
- Interfaces with all internal and external departments who import and export products, internal and external legal departments, CBP, and custom brokers
- Assigns classifications, researches CBP rulings and Explanatory Notes
- Identifies and addresses all Government Agency regulation requirements for imported merchandise (ie. FDA/FCC/EPA/ETC)
- Updates and maintains AA’s Customs Manuals
- Performs pre and post entry audits and makes corrections when required
- Handles Post Summary Corrections
- Responds to inquiries from CBP and Other Government Agencies
- Responds to inquiries from Customs Brokers and resolve problems with import shipments
- Prepares Binding Ruling requests for submission to CBP
- Coordinates internal departmental audits to confirm that corporate policies are implemented
- Ensures all Importer Security Filings (ISF) for inbound ocean freight are submitted by the customs broker accurately and timely
- Educates and trains internal customers on importing requirements
All you'll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3 years of related experience
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- 4 years trade compliance experience in working with the HTSUS and CFR19
- Schedule B and ECCN classification experience
- Experience in supply chain, logistics, hazardous materials, in-flight products or aviation maintenance
- Extensive classification experience with the use of the General Rules of Interpretation (GRI) and Harmonized tariff schedule, CBP rulings and explanatory notes to determine HTS numbers
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.
- United States Customs Brokers License
- Knowledge of ISA, C-TPAT, ACE, Civil Aircraft, duty drawback, NAFTA and other special programs
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, follow-up and follow-through skills
- Abililty to self-start with a high sense of urgency, strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task with a high volume of work
- Strong work ethic and highest level of integrity
What you'll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 66450