Job Title: Senior Technical Engineer
Location: Plymouth, UK - Hybrid – Working from home options available
Compensation: Competitive salary + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 49990
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Senior Technical Engineer at our Devonport site.
As a Senior Technical Engineer, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary where you will work alongside a varied number of stakeholders including the Royal Navy, MoD and OEMs to provide technical know-how and innovation to deliver cost effective and sustainable solutions for the MoD.
Day to day, you’ll develop maintenance activities to ensure critical assets are fit for purpose and meet operational needs. Key assets include pumps, motors and domestic equipment but is not limited to this. The value stream is continually growing and therefore will be looking at additional systems and equipment.
Essential experience of the Senior Technical Engineer,
• Understanding of Mechanical systems and equipment
• Ability to read and understand engineering drawings.
• Ability to produce concise reports and business cases.
• Practical experience of fitting or repairing mechanical equipment
This role provides hybrid working arrangements with 1 day per week in the office. You will be required to spend longer periods of time in the office as and when the programme demands.
Qualifications for the Senior Technical Engineer,
• Minimum HND in a mechanical discipline
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC clearance security clearance level for this role.
• Generous holiday allowance
• Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
• Employee share scheme
• Employee shopping savings portal
• Payment of Professional Fees
• Reservists in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
• Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
• ‘Be Kind Day’ enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pages
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.