Primary Job Duties
In shop environment, a technician will be performing testing, troubleshooting and completing repairs on components. May also be required to work on aircraft systems:
- Avionic checks, troubleshooting systems, etc.
- Will be responsible for proficiency in all documentation and paperwork
- Repair avionics/electronic components in an avionics shop environment.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
A&P Mechanics interested in this General Avionics position may also apply, but only with intent to acquire time requirements to test for FCC Radio License. Minimum Requirements
- Must have acceptable skills to read and understand wiring manuals and schematics
- Ability to effectively read component maintenance manuals to troubleshoot and test components.
- Ability to effectively use aircraft manuals to troubleshoot and repair aircraft avionics and electrical systems
- Must possess basic Avionics skills
- Exercise good judgment in working with people in a team environment as well as in aircraft maintenance and safety
- Possess a valid driver license, and be insurable
- Must have a minimum toolbox
Experience/Training must meetONEof the following
- Graduated from an accredited Avionics School
- Military training in Avionics or Electronics
- Associate degree or higher in Electronics
- Eighteen months experience in the Avionics Industry
- A&P certification with previous Avionics Experience
Must hold a FCC GROL license. If a FCC GROL license is not held at time of employment it must be obtained within six months from hire date. Physical and Other Requirements
- Able to comfortably lift 75 lbs. routinely with or without a reasonable accommodation
Please complete the on-line application. Qualified applicants will be contacted.
This position will require the selected candidate to travel outside the station for training - in addition to the completion of their new hire onboarding.
This job posting may have an additional video interview requirement. Please monitor your email and junk folder for additional instructions.