WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF OPPORTUNITY!
We are committed to making sure that everyone, everywhere can benefit from travelling at the lowest prices, while keeping the social, economic and environmental impact of our operations in mind. Our strategy is built on low fares and a diverse network, supported by efficient and sustainable operations and high-quality customer service
- WIZZ is a fresh, vibrant & contemporary brand, we are confident & not shy
- We always strive to break out of category & think outside the box
- Our 5 brand values lead the way:
- Inclusivity – We collaborate together to achieve our goals
- Positivity – We are an optimistic, happy, inspired and inspiring team
- Dedication – We have an entrepreneurial ‘can do’ attitude: we take individual & collective ownership and are accountable for everything we do
- Integrity – We hold ourselves to the highest possible standards of business ethics in everything we do
- Sustainability – We strive to be the greenest choice of air travel and work hard on continuously decreasing our environmental footprint
Ground Operations Manager (Warsaw)
Purpose of the role:
The Ground Operations Manager is responsible for all aspects of the safe, cost-effective and punctual running of their allocated station’s or bases’ operation, plus a number of satellite stations on the Wizz Air network. This manager will own and maintain all local relationships at their nominated base(s) and satellite airports from airport and handling to state departments. The position will ensure that Wizz Air has the best possible representation in the local market, and that business is conducted in keeping with both Wizz Air’s and EU regulations. This manager will ensure that all key internal stakeholders from CEO level down are kept fully informed and are suitably represented as required on all issues concerning the local market and operation.
This role will be the most senior representative of Wizz Air at the nominated locations and, as such, will represent Wizz Air at a senior level on both operational and commercial matters. This position will provide support elsewhere in the Wizz Air network, at current and future locations served, as required.
What we offer:
- Base salary and employee bonus scheme
- Unlimited number of significantly discounted and confirmed seating tickets, giving access to a continuously growing network of destinations
- Relocation package (if applicable) – expense budget, Temporary accommodation, Administration support
- Life insurance
- AYCM sport pass contracting possibility
- Instant impact, from any level of the organisation, exposure to C-suite management
- Fast career progression, internal mobility and talent management supported by training opportunities (Wizz Academy and bespoke trainings)
- True international and multi-cultural work environment, passionate, driven and diverse teams
- Lead and manage the airline’s ground handling suppliers and airport companies at the nominated base(s) and satellite airports to deliver targeted performance outcomes in all areas of safety, compliance, cost control and operational performance.
- Ensure that ground handling companies and airport operations comply with Wizz Air’s safety standards at all times.
- Manage cost in line with budget and deliver ever lower cost operational solutions and arrangements with the growth of the airline, achieving volume based discounts. Identify all new opportunities for operational improvement and/or cost savings in the nominated area of responsibility.
- Ensure scalable growth for the nominated base(s) and satellite airports in all areas including, but not limited to, the startup of new operational locations, the increasing of base sizes, alternate and diversion arrangements and close management of any disruption.
- Contribution to preparation of standard ground handling agreement (SGHA) templates.
- Execution of full scale supplier (organizational) audits and management of other GOMs in audit planning, reporting and follow-up.
- Management of trainings and training schedule of GOMs
- Participation in internal and external quality/compliance related cross-functional projects,
- Involvement in bird & wildlife management monitoring, follow up actions.
- Provision of support to OCC in management of disrupted flights and relevant customer care.
- Undertaking of station visits and relevant audits/inspections/trainings as well as follow up on outstanding items as Air Safety reports, mystery passenger report, audit findings and other findings within the confines of Ground Operations processes.
- Support the Ground Operations Team in activities across the network as required
- General administration and reporting dutie
- High level English and Polish proficiency, both written and verbal
- Completed university or college degree
- At least 3 years of aviation experience
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Creative and proactive personality with „can do” attitude
- Leadership skills
- Advanced computer skills
- Time flexibility and ability to travel,
- Ability to work in shifts and under pressure
- Experienced with working to deliver company’s KPIs,
- Proven experience in the aviation industry – primarily operational, but also commercial
- Flexible approach and ability to remain diplomatic
- Airside Safety Awareness
PLACE OF WORK:
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to provide feedback to you at this stage, should your application not meet the requirements. Thank you for your understanding.
Wizz Air LinkedIn
Wizz Air Facebook
Wizz Air LinkedIn
Wizz Air Facebook