Job Title: Quality Controller – NDT PAUT – Type 31
Location: Rosyth, UK – Onsite
Compensation: £35,576- £39,663 + overtime + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent or Contract
Role ID: SF 50061
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Quality Controller NDT PAUT at our Rosyth site.
As a Quality Controller NDT PAUT you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. The Type 31 Project will deliver 5 general purpose, global, adaptable and exportable frigates to the Royal Navy designed to undertake a range of operational tasks from maritime security, humanitarian aid and disaster relief and defence engagement to operation in a high threat environment. The Project is the pathfinder and cornerstone of the National Shipbuilding Strategy and will be delivered in an innovative manner at pace with all 5 ships to be in-service by Dec 2028.
Day to day, you’ll be working on the prestigious T31 Frigate Programme you will have a high level of interaction with all of the wider community both at strategic and tactical levels. e.g. Production, Engineering, Client, Lloyds Register etc
- Work in a fast-paced shipbuilding environment
- Conduct PAUT Structural inspection and acceptance of ships structures
- Complete inspection reports in a timely manor
- Where qualified carry out Magnetic Particle, Liquid Penetrant or Ultrasonic Inspection of Welds and Components
Essential experience of the Quality Controller NDT PAUT
- Proven experience in conducting PAUT inspections,
- This Post requires extensive experience in PAUT within a manufacturing environment with both fabrication and structural experience
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Experience within the maritime sector or nuclear, oil and gas, power generation offshore windfarms
This is a full time role, 37 hours a week, onsite at Rosyth Monday - Thursday
Qualifications for the Quality Controller NDT PAUT
- Qualified to a recognised trade standard (Fabrication/Welding/Shipwright/Marine Engineering) and a relevant academic level (HNC/SVQ Level 3).
- Minimum PCN Level 2 in PAUT
- MT, PT and UT (3.8/3.9) (Desirable)
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance level for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- ‘Be Kind Day’ enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pages
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 24th of May 2023