Job Title: Supervisor - Mechanical
Compensation: 2C - £32,937.00
Role Type: Full time
Role ID: SF: 49669
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Supervisor - Mechanical at our Rosyth site.
As a Supervisor - Mechanical you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. This role is for Mechanical Engineering Supervisor with focus on Propulsion Systems but not exclusive (Propellor shaft Installation). Mechanical across all fire zones on the T31. Leading the team through to Trials and completion of ITR’s
Day to day,
• Efficiently utilise employees in the execution of the contracted work, ensuring that start/stop times, attendance standards, behaviour standards are maintained at all times.
• Set production targets to employees on a daily basis ensuring achievement.
• Take ownership of activity levels within the area.
• Liaise and work with planning, materials, warehousing, quality and other support functions to ensure a co-ordinated team approach.
• Identify and facilitate training requirements within the group.
• Ensure maintenance of equipment within designated area.
• Identify and provide appropriate tools and equipment, instruction and technical data to operatives.
• Assist in providing budget requirements.
• Ensure security of building at all times.
• Develop and maintain verbal and visual communication within your area of responsibility
• Request and manage overtime requirements ensuring alignment with overtime policy.
• Ensure employees are suitably trained and experienced for the task they are allocated.
• Ability to read, understand and disseminate technical drawings and converse with the technical requirements of the task in hand.
Essential experience of the Supervisor - Mechanical
• Time served with extensive recent and relevant experience in a Mechanical discipline. ONC/HNC preferred but not essential.
• Familiar with installation of pumps, valves, pipework, shaft lines, Engines, Rudders, Stabilizers etc.
• Requirement to read and understand Installation Drawing’s including Pipe
• Experienced in computer use e.g., MS Office, MS Word, and Power Point.
• Experience of IFS for bookings & progress would be an advantage.
• Accident reporting & Risk Assessment trained. Will be provided
• Workshop organization, 5S, Lean process improvement.
• Recognized Safety Training such as IOSH, Working at Height, Confined Spaces etc
• H&S Knowledge and practitioner
• The ability to demonstrate a common-sense approach to problem solving
• Fully flexible regarding working times, weekend working, shift working
• Good interpersonal and customer facing skills
• Experience of working within “time critical” production environments
• Highly organized with the ability to manage time effectively
This role is based full time on site at Rosyth
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance level for this role.
• Generous holiday allowance
• Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
• Employee share scheme
• Employee shopping savings portal
• Payment of Professional Fees
• Reservists in the armed forces receive ten days special paid leave
• Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
• ‘Be Kind Day’ enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pages
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 26/05/2023