Job Title: Project Management Discipline Lead
Location: Ashton House, Bristol
Compensation: Competitive salary + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 50472
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Project Management Discipline Lead at our Ashton House site.
As a Project Management Discipline Lead, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary ensuring Project Management excellence across our Mission Systems business unit. Mission Systems enables our customers to deliver their mission, through our products and solutions, using intelligence and analysis and delivering critical communication services. Our aim is to be at the centre of our customers' modern digital backbone by connecting and delivering sensors, decision support, and air effectors across military and business domains.
Day to day, you’ll:
• Support the Head of PM&PC through developing and leading the community of project management professional, up to and including Senior Project Managers, within Mission Systems.
• Establish a strong project management community with a positive culture, whereby everyone lives by the Babcock principles.
• Develop core project management competencies across the discipline, including personal and professional development, training, mentoring and coaching.
• Work with the Project Controls Discipline Lead to champion best practice across the wider PM&PC function, instilling standardisation and common use of frameworks.
Essential experience of the Project Management Discipline Lead
• Comprehensive experience of leading delivery of projects and programmes for large and technically complex equipment/system contracts, preferably for MoD and commercial customers (both UK and international).
• Broad experience of project management and project controls techniques and approaches, including Agile, planning and scheduling, estimating, risk management, change management, cost forecasting, EVM and SRA etc.
• Experienced in establishing a project management discipline within a large organisation.
• Leadership within a matrix organisation.
This role provides hybrid working with 1-2 days per week in the office and the rest working from home.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve BPSS and SC security clearance level for this role.
• Generous holiday allowance
• Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
• Employee share scheme
• Employee shopping savings portal
• Payment of Professional Fees
• Reservists in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
• Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
• ‘Be Kind Day’ enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pages
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.