Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Bristol, UK - Hybrid
Compensation: Competitive salary + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 50467
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Project Manager at our Ashton House site.
As a Project Manager, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. You will work within Mission Systems who enable our customers to deliver their mission, through our products and solutions, using intelligence and analysis and delivering critical communication services. Our aim is to be at the centre of our customers' modern digital backbone by connecting and delivering sensors, decision support, and air effectors across military and business domains.
Day to day, you will be responsible for the definition, planning, monitoring and control of successful project delivery. You will manage customer interfaces and associated stakeholders. You will identify and monitor project risks then plan and implement effective responses. You’ll be accountable for planning and monitoring the project, submission of regular monthly performance reports indicating any deviations, corrective action taken and escalation of issue.
Essential experience of the Project Manager
• Prior experience in a similar role in industry would be an advantage
• Team Management experience
• Knowledge of project controls tools and how these tools operate to provide key information for decision making
• Commercially and financially astute
This role provides hybrid working with 1-2 days per week in the office and the rest working from home.
Qualifications for the Project Manager
• PMQ or PPQ (desirable) or equivalent
The successful candidate must be able to achieve BPSS security clearance level for this role.
• Generous holiday allowance
• Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
• Employee share scheme
• Employee shopping savings portal
• Payment of Professional Fees
• Reservists in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
• Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
• ‘Be Kind Day’ enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pages
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.