Innovation is at the heart of everything we do at Meggitt, a worldwide leader in aerospace, defence and selected energy markets. We believe in our vision of ‘Enabling the Extraordinary: To Fly, To Power, To Live”. These core values – teamwork, integrity and excellence – are what have allowed us to become the company we are today. With facilities and over 10,000 employees worldwide, Meggitt draws on over 160 years of expertise to enhance the lives of people across the globe.
Our Corporate Functions keep our business competitive by providing first-class support from Quality through to Finance and HR.
Headquartered in the UK, Meggitt PLC is a global engineering group specialising in extreme environment components and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defence and energy markets. Some 10,000 people are employed across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe and North America and regional bases in Brazil, India and the Middle East.
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk verifies and maintains records on incoming and outgoing shipments. Receives, records, packages and ships all incoming materials and verifies counts, while following policies, procedures and safety regulations.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Receives materials to be shipped with appropriate paperwork from finished goods or from individuals
- Packages all items per customer requirements
- Enters data for outgoing shipments and incoming materials in the computer
- Verifies order P.O. numbers to shippers, validates quantities using weight scales, and moves parts to stockroom or other stock to storage areas
- Validates quantities using weight scales, and moves parts to stockroom or other stock to storage areas
- Delivers non-inventory items to end user
- Follows all safety policy and procedures
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education : A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
Years Experience : 0 - 2 years of relevant experience
- Good communication skills
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Basic computer knowledge
- Able to multi-task
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.
If this position is located in the United States, this job will require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As such, all applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee