Airport Customer Service
Ref #: 20963
How you'll help us Keep Climbing (overview & key responsibilities)
- Vision: Deliver world-class service to all customers.
- Mission: Make every customer feel like the most valued person.
As a Customer Service Agent, you will be central in demonstrating Delta’s commitment to our customers by making their travel experience as smooth and pleasant as possible.
Summary of responsibilities:
What You Need To Succeed (minimum Qualifications)
- Handles all facets of work associated with ticketing and making reservations for passengers and those activities necessary to board and deplane passengers, including tagging and lifting passenger's baggage to a bag belt for delivery to the ramp.
- Proactively greets customers, assesses their needs, explains Delta's available technology alternatives, and directs them appropriately.
- Positively impacts customers' use of airport technology to ensure a better, faster, and friendlier airport experience for all customers.
- Displays a positive image of Delta.
- Keeps customers informed while ensuring service delivery.
- Efficiently coordinates with internal resources while working under pressure and time constraints to dispatch flights on time.
- Performs a variety of duties according to the functional work area assignment; however, agents may be cross-utilized and be required to perform all functions. Specific functions, tasks, and departments may vary or be added depending upon the location and operational requirements.
- Subject to rotating shifts and off days.
- May require outside work.
- Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
What Will Give You a Competitive Edge (preferred Qualifications)
- Must be fluent in English and Italian in both spoken and written communication.
- Employee must have proper work documents to work/reside in Italy at the time of applying. Delta will not sponsor candidates for this role.
- Must be willing to work a fixed and/or rotating schedule including afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Employee must be able to type a minimum of 30 wpm to effectively use the agent's computer set.
- If currently employed by Delta, must be performing satisfactorily in current position.