Calgary, AB (YYC)Posting Open Date:
09/18/2023Posting Close Date:
10/02/2023 (Please note the posting will close at 9:59pm MST
Every WestJet journey has the potential to enrich lives; a career with us is no exception.
WestJet arrived on the Canadian airline scene in 1996 and changed the industry for the better. We made air travel more affordable for Canadians and now we're going global.Join us and love where you’re going.
This is a hybrid position; you will be required to work at the WestJet Campus in Calgary approximately 3 days / week.
Reporting to the Director , Strategic Procurement , this individual contributor will bring proven strategic leadership in strategic procurement as it relates to category management, strategic sourcing, contract life cycle management and supplier relationship management, focused on Categories related to Direct Operations (aircraft maintenance, components, & modifications, and above-the-wing/below-the-wing services) areas of spend.Main Responsibilities
Knowledge And Skills
- Develop, implement, and maintain category strategies in close collaboration with internal business stakeholders.
- Develop and foster internal customer relationships with stakeholders to understand business objectives & roadmaps, in addition to supplier relationships.
- Liaise with internal category teams, business partners and gain a comprehensive understanding of business requirements establishing short-term and long-term objectives.
- Lead the efforts for contract renewals and strategic sourcing activities (scoping, spend analysis, sourcing, negotiating, contracting).
- Lead the RFx process, support the development of negotiation strategies and negotiations of large value/risk/complex agreements.
- Conduct market data research, investigate supplier capabilities, a nalyze industry best practices and technology trends to drive competitive advantage.
- Ensure compliance with purchasing policies and procedures, ethical practices and adherence to relevant laws and regulations.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies that directly affect company financial results and growth plans.
- Manage supplier contracts, governance, and control programs to ensure delivery of expectations and comply with corporate and regulatory policies.
- Drive and report Procurement Key Performance Indicators including cost savings, spend under management, supplier rationalization, etc.
- Ensure organizational financial goals are met and track cost savings initiatives.
- Create, drive, and implement with the collaboration of the Strategic Procurement Leadership Team initiatives to improve efficiency and effectiveness of procurement processes.
The benefits of being a WestJetter:
- 10+ years of progressive experience in leading strategic projects, strategic procurement, contract management, category management and or sourcing experience, within designated categories.
- Excellent relationship building, interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills required.
- Knowledge of source-to-pay tools including e-sourcing, contract management and spend analytics.
- Demonstrated knowledge in categories related to: aircraft engines, components (mechanical/cabin) & maintenance, ground handling services or direct labor type of agreements.
- Strong negotiation, contracting, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to learn, mentor and be mentored.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, or equivalent, and Supply Chain Canada designation considered an asset.
- Experience in the Aviation industry an asset.
WestJet provides all WestJetters with a competitive total rewards package. On top of that, we offer:
Think we are a fit? Apply now!
- A fun and friendly culture with colleagues who work together to win
- Travel privileges for you and your family, effective from your start date
- Savings and Benefit programs that are flexible to meet your specific needs
About WestJet Group Of Companies
Together with WestJet's regional airline, WestJet Encore, we offer scheduled service to more than 100 destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe and to more than 175 destinations in over 20 countries through our airline partnerships.Our Safety Promise
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will use safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.
WestJet recognizes that the use of Alcohol and Drugs can adversely impact a safe work environment and the well-being of others including guests, suppliers and the public, as well as place WestJet's operations at risk. All roles that are identified as safety sensitive are required to pass a Pre-Employment Alcohol and Drug Test as per WestJet's Alcohol and Drug Policy. Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We embrace what makes us each unique, and what makes us uniquely WestJet. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility and if you require accommodation during the selection process, please let our Talent Acquisition team know. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in WestJet; however, only those candidates who are selected will be contacted.
For more information about everything WestJet, please visit WestJet.com