Our Company Promise
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
The People of Southwest Airlines come together to deliver on our Purpose, which is to connect People to what’s important in their lives through friendly, reliable, and low-cost air travel. Our Provisioning Agents extend Hospitality to Southwest’s Internal and External Customers within the provisioning warehouse, on the aircraft, and on the ramp. This role prepares the cabin for a flight’s departure by stocking the aircraft with snacks and drinks, collaborating with Crew Members to ensure high-quality inflight service, and working with Ground Operations Teams to complete tasks by set times. Provisioning Agents are detail-oriented and enjoy working in a dynamic, safe environment.
A union-based role that includes working assigned shifts based on seniority. Shifts can include early mornings, late evenings, weekends, and holidays.
U.S. citizenship or current authorization to work in the U.S. required and no current or future work authorization sponsorship available.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We continue to look for opportunities to reflect the communities we serve, and welcome applicants with diverse thoughts, backgrounds, and experiences.
Pay & Benefits:
Pay of $17.00 to $17.00 hourly pay again] per hour*, with the opportunity for future increase per applicable collective bargaining agreement wage scale. Opportunities for overtime and shift premiums.
Benefits you’ll love:
• Fly for free, as a privilege, on any open seat on all Southwest flights (your eligible dependents too)
• Up to a 9.3% 401(k) Company match, dollar for dollar, of your eligible pay, per paycheck **
• Potential for annual ProfitSharing contribution toward retirement - when Southwest profits, you profit***
• Explore more Benefits you’ll love: https://careers.southwestair.com/benefits
- Job Summary
- Provides legendary Customer Service by assuring aircraft is provisioned and fully serviced with supplies while in compliance with Company, contractual and regulatory requirements.
- Duties and Responsibilities
- Warehouse area:
- Works in warehouse, preparing items for stocking and operating forklift and pallet jacks as necessary
- Packs and repacks liquor, beer, wine containers and completes inventory with an electronic device
- Loads and stores multiple bags of ice for loading onto provisioning trucks. Handles 30 or more bags of ice a day per shift
- Prepares perishable items for stocking on aircraft
- Reviews flight information to plan for snack flights. Consolidates snacks which are consumed for future flights
- Packs and repacks entertainment kits and assures aircraft is equipped with such kits.
- Keeps work area clean by sweeping, mopping, wiping down counter tops and organizing warehouse supplies
- Maintains provisioning truck in a clean orderly manner. Prepares for the provisioning of flights by stocking provisioning trucks with items from the warehouse on a frequent basis
- Ramp Area:
- Loads, unloads and services Company aircraft. Transports company material (COMAT) to and from aircraft
- Performs job in a safe manner in compliance with Company, contractual and regulatory requirements
- Safely drives and operates a provisioning truck in the airport ramp area
- Works in the vicinity of and between passenger terminals, aircraft, hangers, jetways, Warehouses, and air freight facilities, both indoors and outdoors.
- As qualified, operates all motorized ground service equipment (including bag tugs, golf carts, forklifts, pallet jacks, and passenger vehicles) assigned by the Company to complete airline operations
- May be exposed to a wide variety of weather conditions, jet and machinery noises, dirt and dust for extended period of time
- Stocks the aircraft galley with ice, beverages, soda, pre-packed liquor, beer, wine, snacks, cups, paper products and other provisions
- Equips aircraft cabin interiors for flights with equipment and supplies such as passenger amenities
- Empties trash receptacles, mops galley areas, mops lavatory floor, restock lavatory compartments, and wipes/cleans galley and lavatories
- Hand cleans interior of aircraft by hand sweeping and dusting, and uses specialized cleaning fluids and materials, using mechanized cleaning aids as required
- Transports cabin, commissary, and cleaning equipment between aircraft and storage areas
- Provisioning aircraft must be accomplished during a prescribed ground time
- Works as a member of lean staff operating out of cities served by the airline
- Wears visual identification required by the Company, prominently displayed for ready recognition
- Responds to internal Customer inquiries
- Attends initial and ongoing training (classroom and on-the-job), and keeps current on knowledge, information, and equipment to gain proficiency
- Duties may vary by size and organization of Provisioning Station
- Provides friendly service to and maintains positive relationships with all internal and external Customers
- Works in a cooperative spirit to ensure the success of our Company
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Leaders
- Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Must be able to read, write and fluently speak and understand the English language
- Must be able to successfully complete Provisioning Agent training (classroom and on-the-job) and probationary and/or evaluation period
- Prior to completion of probationary period, Employee must abide by the Probationary Attendance Control Policy
- Employee must maintain a satisfactory rating on all performance evaluations, which are given at 50 day, 100 day, 150 day and annually
- Must be aware of hazardous situations and be able to handle emergencies as needed
- Must work under tight time constraints to accomplish quick turns of aircraft
- Must be alert to moving vehicles, aircraft, or personnel
- Must be able to use radio equipment
- Must be able to communicate information and instructions verbally and/or with radio equipment
- Must be able to type and/or use computer keyboard with sufficient speed to meet demands of the job
- Must be able to work on provisioning trucks and provisioning stands at heights of 10 feet or above
- Must be able to read documents, follow instructions, learn and understand provisioning procedures, rules, and regulations including federal and local security regulations
- No experience requirement
- Must be able to obtain a Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) badge and meet all local airport requirements
- Must possess a valid U.S. driver�s license
- May be required by Station Leadership to obtain a Customs Seal and meet all requirements to work international flights
- Requires you to obtain and maintain USPS Clearance and meet all requirements to handle US Mail
- Physical Abilities
- Must be able to perform the job functions within a limited space and able to lift and move items of 70 pounds and/or, more on a regular basis and repetitively lift weights of 25 to 65 pounds on raised surfaces
- Must be able to observe, and discern safety practices and communicate with Team members verbally and in writing
- Must be able to bend, stretch, and squat to position self while working in the designated work areas including aircraft galleys, provisioning vehicles, warehouse/office area, and other designated work areas
- Must be able to operate cutting tools to open supply boxes
- Other Qualifications
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines
- Must be able to work various shifts including nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime as outlined in the labor agreement
*Pay amount does not guarantee employment for any particular period of time.
**401(k) match contributions are subject to the plan’s vesting schedule and applicable IRS limits
***ProfitSharing contributions are subject to plan’s vesting schedule and are made at the discretion of the Company.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please print/save this job description because it won't be available after you apply.