We are looking for aMulti National Gateway Teamleaderwho will be responsible for the end to end performance and financial responsibility of the Antwerp gateway team. This role drives performance of the team while ensuring quality and regulatory compliance. He/She will manage the ongoing interface with connecting countries, product, global service centers. He/She has a functional line to the Regional LCL Gateway Manager / LCL Service Manager and a direct reporting line to the Belgian Ocean Freight Head.
- Manages, oversees and performs team lead tasks to direct and control activities performed to effectively manage the end to end multi national gateway processes and SOP’s.
- Identifies training needs & opportunities to develop a highly skilled functional department.
- Is the first escalation contact for the connection stations, responsible for the financial aspects and results, sets, communicates and drives KPI’s to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Subject Matter Expert of the required operating system (CW1).
- Collaborates with different stakeholders (connecting stations , connecting national/multi national gateways, LCL Heads, suppliers, warehouse provider, trade lane managers,..) for seamless customer service and improve process flows.
- Engage with the connection stations to understand their needs and grow business in close cooperations with the LCL country Heads.
- Review and manage month end reports, review P/L, escalates carrier performance issues when required to the regional product team and MNGWY Manager DE and BE / LCL Service Manager
- Responsible that routings are following the routing guide, consol optimalization, and allocation management.
Skills / Requirements:
- 5+ years experience with Freight Forwarding, strong preference for ocean freight gateway experience
- 1+ year of leadership experience strongly preferred
- CargoWise system knowledge is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership ability to include driving KPI’s, employee engagement / team building. Strong ability to develop, coach, train and mentor team to success
- Good communications skills (verbal, written and presentations) in English, Dutch and French.
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)