United States, California, San Francisco
Ref #: 21006
How you'll help us Keep Climbing (overview & key responsibilities)
This Sales Account Executive is responsible for maximizing revenue and market share, focusing on premium revenue,
among Delta’s corporate and agency customers in the San Francisco Bay Area. Primary responsibilities may include but
not be limited to building, maintaining, and managing corporate and agency relationships; contract negotiation and
implementation; project management; account performance evaluation; and maintenance of agreements with key
- The successful candidate must be domiciled in or willing to relocate to the San Francisco Bay Area or Los Angeles
Summary of responsibilities (not comprehensive of all tasks):
- Primary responsibilities include building, maintaining, and handling corporate and agency relationships; leading contract negotiations; evaluating account performance; developing and implementing strategic and tactical initiatives to drive market share and premium revenue growth for all assigned accounts
- Building, maintaining, and leading consultative enterprise relationships with all account customers, at varying levels, up to and including C-Suite
- Detailed data analysis to determine opportunities and develop outstanding and customized strategies to drive revenue and account performance
- Planning and implementing initiatives that support key commercial priorities for Delta and its Joint Venture and alliance partners
- Presenting Delta and its Joint Venture partners’ key sales messages to various audiences, from travel counselor to leadership level
- Maintaining high level industry knowledge including evaluating industry programs & practices
- Responsible for coordinating team selling with internal departments, including Corporate and Agency Sales Development, Sales Operations, Market Development, and Global Sales Support. Additionally, coordination and team selling with alliance partners is required
- The position requires some domestic and international travel, as well as some night and weekend hours
The salary range for this role is $58,000-$70,000
Benefits and Perks to Help You Keep Climbing
A career at Delta not only gives you a chance to see the world, but we also provide excellent benefits to help you keep climbing along the way!
Delta proudly provides a competitive salary, industry leading profit sharing and 401(k) with generous direct contribution and company match. All employees are offered comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability and life benefits. Delta also believes in providing a detailed wellness plan that recognizes the importance physical, emotional, financial, and social wellbeing. Our employees are also able to take advantage of Domestic and International flight privileges.What You Need To Succeed (minimum Qualifications)
What Will Give You a Competitive Edge (preferred Qualifications)
- Consistently prioritizes safety and security of self, others, and personal data.
- Embraces diverse people, thinking, and styles.
- Possesses a high school diploma, GED, or high school equivalency.
- Is at least 18 years of age and has authorization to work in the United States.
- Demonstrates that privacy is a priority when handling personal data.
- Embraces a diverse set of people, thinking and styles.
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority.
- Driven candidates will have a strong sales background including shown result
- in the following: business development, client relationship management, critical analysis, and executive engagement
- Strong orientation towards consultative client management and understanding of how to build and maintain profitable business relationships with assigned accounts
- Excellent interpersonal and business decision making skills are required
- Shown analytical skills and ability to produce action plans based on data and market intelligence
- Strong skills in written and verbal communications, negotiation, time management, planning and presentation
- Candidate must be available to travel domestically/internationally and work additional hours and days as needed
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Must be able to handle change with resilience and display tremendous drive and dedication
- Sales or account management experience
- Experience with B2B2C selling
- Proven understanding of Delta and JV partner products and services
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related fields
- Recent experience with airline, hospitality or meetings and events