Canada (Remote Work)Posting Open Date:
05/23/2023Posting Close Date:
06/06/2023 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm MST
Every WestJet journey has the potential to enrich lives; a career with us is no exception.
WestJet arrived on the Canadian airline scene in 1996 and changed the industry for the better. We made air travel more affordable for Canadians and now we're going global.Join us and love where you’re going.
This position is eligible for remote work, within Canada, under our mobile workforce program.Overview of role:
WestJet is seeking a Data Visual Artist reporting into our Digital Technology team. This individual can demonstrate a high standard of excellence, enjoys challenges, and is results-driven. The incumbent must be highly motivated and demonstrate the ability to work in an agile environment.
As a Data Visualization Artist, you will be an important member of the Digital Business Development and Consulting team at WestJet. We are the go-to advisors and delivery members for trialing new digital solutions within WestJet. Our work will touch many different domains like operations, guest experience, and commercial processes. We are using agile working methods for our initiatives, and you will be responsible for developing meaningful Power BI visuals for our internal stakeholders to enable insights and decision-making. In your role, you will work in tandem with other team members to understand the underlying data and transform information into actionable and informative insights.
Your heart beats for aviation and you are looking for a dynamic and multifaceted work environment? If yes, we would love to have you on-board at WestJet as a Data Visualization Artist with a focus on MS Power BI.Key deliverables include:
Experience & qualifications:
- Develops data visualization solutions, mainly using Power BI
- Collaborates with digital team and other internal stakeholders to understand business requirements and user needs
- Thrives in the 80/20 concept and can create proof of concept (POC) or minimum viable product (MVP) solutions, understands requirements needed to transition to deployment-at-scale and production state
- Applies best practices for data visualization design, usability, and accessibility
- Works with data sources such as MS SQL Server, Oracle, Hadoop
- Articulates requirements for tool selection, user experience (UX) design / storytelling, performance optimization, and data automation
The benefits of being a WestJetter:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Design or related field
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Visualization Artist or similar role
- Proficient in Power BI, Tableau or other data visualization tools
- Familiar with / ability to write basic queries for MS SQL Server, Oracle, Hadoop or other databases
- Has a consulting / trusted advisor mindset when interacting with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills
WestJet provides all WestJetters with a competitive total rewards package. On top of that, we offer:
Think we are a fit? Apply now!
- A fun and friendly culture with colleagues who work together to win
- Travel privileges for you and your family, effective from your start date
- Savings and Benefit programs that are flexible to meet your specific needs
About WestJet Group Of Companies
Together with WestJet's regional airline, WestJet Encore, we offer scheduled service to more than 100 destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe and to more than 175 destinations in over 20 countries through our airline partnerships.Our Safety Promise
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will use safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.
WestJet recognizes that the use of Alcohol and Drugs can adversely impact a safe work environment and the well-being of others including guests, suppliers and the public, as well as place WestJet's operations at risk. All roles that are identified as safety sensitive are required to pass a Pre-Employment Alcohol and Drug Test as per WestJet's Alcohol and Drug Policy. Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We embrace what makes us each unique, and what makes us uniquely WestJet. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility and if you require accommodation during the selection process, please let our Talent Acquisition team know. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in WestJet; however, only those candidates who are selected will be contacted.
For more information about everything WestJet, please visit WestJet.com