At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Engineering / Technical
We are seeking a skilled Mechanical Fitter to support a fleet of satellite antennas and associated infrastructure as a part of the Maintenance and Support Services team located at our Darwin site.
Boeing Defence Australia provide a wide range of services in the Defence Department in a very dynamic work environment across a spectrum of technologies.
This role provides mechanical support to a substantial antenna farm comprising a variety of tracking and non-tracking satellite communication antennas to ensure maximum operational availability and performance.
- Performing preventative maintenance and identifying and resolving maintenance and issues.
- Monitoring the condition and operational performance of antennas
- Collecting technical data and evaluating maintenance procedures.
- Use of computerised management systems to accurately record maintenance activities
- Technical or trade qualification in a mechanical field with demonstrated experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrated ability to use initiative and prioritise work
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to WH&S and workplace diversity
- Physical capacity to undertake manual labour, work in confined spaces, at heights and outdoors.
- Suitability to work in a high security environment
Applicants must be Australian citizens to meet Australian Government security clearance requirements and be prepared to undergo the security clearance vetting process at the POSITIVE VETTING level. More information on the security clearance vetting process is available on the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency (AGSVA) website.
Boeing Defence Australia is shaping the future of aerospace and delivering some of the nation's most important programs for the Australian Defence Force. As a BDA employee, you will join other innovative, ethical people who have the critical skills required to develop and deliver world class capabilities and systems to protect Australia and its national interests. Joining us is a chance to make your mark, working with a diverse team that is united in pushing the boundaries of imagination and excellence.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us
- Flexible working options
- Study assistance
- Salary packaging
- Employee Incentive Program
- Global opportunities
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Female applicants, people of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Island descent and ex-defence personnel are encouraged to apply.
If you are ready to join an innovative industry leader and would like to register your interest in working for Boeing, please click Apply Now.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.