Job Title: Vehicle Technician - Nights
Location: Park Royal or Rainham
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF40835
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Vehicle Technician.
As a Vehicle Technician you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. You’ll service and repair vehicles in a safe & efficient manner using such skills and knowledge as is required.
Day to day, you’ll repair service and maintain Vehicles, preform scheduled maintenance, fault find using diagnostic equipment and undertaking practical vehicle repairs and updating service records.
• Service, adjust and repair vehicles, components and accessories including removal and refitting in a safe, proper and economical manner using equipment provided
• Diagnose faults and test vehicles utilising equipment available and using recognised test procedures and techniques. This will include road testing where deemed necessary, drive in a manner within the parameters of the law and ensuring that all police signs are covered appropriately
• Observe, recognise and report on defects and/or symptoms of impending failure. Identification of recharge costs advising the Workshop Controller and correct completion of paperwork
• Order from the parts department, all necessary replacement parts, ensuring that no parts are fitted to vehicles other than those required to complete the work
Essential experience of the Vehicle Technician,
• Proven experience in a Vehicle technician role, with experience gained as a fully qualified technician.
• Experience of warranty work and procedures
• Main dealer or fleet operator experience
This role will be full time based on site at either at our Park Royal or Rainham site depending on shift pattern.
Qualifications for the Vehicle Technician,
• NVQ Level Three in Vehicle Maintenance
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC plus MPV one/MVP two security clearance level for this role.
• Generous holiday allowance
• Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
• Employee share scheme
• Employee shopping savings portal
• Payment of Professional Fees
• Reservists in the armed forces receive ten days special paid leave
• Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
• ‘Be Kind Day’ enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pages
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 12 June 2023