Accounts Payable Clerk (Permanent)
Underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, asset management, and specialist training, Babcock International works with customers around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the key market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear.
In Canada, Babcock works in the Marine sector, where our teams provide critical and complex support to Canada’s submarine fleet. Our Canadian team is proud to be trusted to deliver key naval in-service support for the Royal Canadian Navy. We also operate in the Aviation sector, where Babcock ensures that the aircrew trainees of our partner nations receive the world’s best flying training. We deliver vital aerial emergency services and are proud to have been selected by the Government of Manitoba to deliver their wildfire suppression services, as well as key components of their critical air ambulance services.
Whether it is providing technical training instruction, developing training materials or maintaining critical training assets, Babcock is trusted by its customers to deliver world-class training solutions.
Babcock’s Purpose is to create a safe and secure world, together. Our Principles create the foundation for how we will do this. They keep us on the right course, unify the way we work and guide us towards success. By thinking, connecting, and acting in line with these Principles, we’ll deliver better outcomes for our Culture, Customers and Communities. Collectively at Babcock, our employees embody the Principles that help make us great at what we do:
- Challenge the status quo, Be Curious, and ask, ‘how might we?’
- Whenever measuring success, Think: Outcomes and positive impacts.
- Be Kind to ourselves, each other, and our planet.
- Babcock employees Collaborate – we are greater than the sum of our parts,
- Be Courageous – be brave, ambitious, and determined.
- Everyone has a part to play - Own and Deliver to be successful.
We encourage you to explore our Babcock Canada website to learn more about us at www.babcockcanada.com.
In this role, you will:
- Process supplier invoices, including obtaining approvals
- Process expense claims for all employees, including, but not limited to; tax calculation, confirmation of per diem rates, and ensure accurate support (receipts) provided
- Review and process IRB forms that are included with the relevant invoices (project specific)
- Track and maintain approval status, packing slips needed and follow up with respective Project Managers or Budget holders in order to process invoices in a timely manner
- Build and review the accuracy of the detailed claims to the customer
- Filing and administrative accounting duties
- Review of supplier statements
- Help with ad hoc reports
- Other duties as necessary
The ideal candidate brings:
- Minimum of a Business Administration, Financial, or Accounting diploma or undergraduate degree from an accredited post-secondary institution
- Minimum 2 years experience in similar role
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Experience meeting tight deadlines in a fast-paced, high volume work environment
- Experience working within databases such as IFS and other accounting software is considered an asset
- Experience processing travel claim expenses through Concur
Babcock Canada supports the safety and wellbeing of our employees through the following programs:
- Contributions towards an employee’s physical and mental health
- Wellness days
- Supportive work life balance: flexible work schedule and competitive annual vacation time off
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Pregnancy and Parental Leave top-up available
- Employer matching of employee retirement contribution
- Employee recognition and bonus programs
- Support of professional development and reimbursement of membership dues
- Relocation assistance for individuals and families
Babcock is committed to promoting a workforce without boundaries. One that welcomes everyone to contribute to our success regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age. If you require accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you.
Applicants, please apply online at https://www.babcockinternational.com/careers/