At Hawaiian Airlines, we are all about welcoming our guests with Hawaiian hospitality and aloha, and taking care of our people, our home, and the communities we serve. Join our ‘ohana and be a part of an exciting team of professionals dedicated to serving our kama‘āina and introducing our islands to the world!
Hawaiian Airlines IT teams lead our technology products and systems that sell and service our products to our Guests. This role will be responsible to lead a team of highly skilled technology professionals in the development, integration, implementation, and maintenance of all Flight Operations/SOCC/Inflight across the organization.
The position must be able to lead the support of Product teams from concept to launch and beyond. Success requires exceptional organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, along with an ability to solve problems collaboratively and dynamically on the fly with a background in SOCC/Fight Operations.
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure strategy, plan, alignment, integration, accountability, and visibility
- Build and maintain relationships with HA business partners by providing a team of subject matter experts and leadership to collaborate with a matrixed team of functional and technical resources across the organization to deliver value added services and solutions
- Build and lead a team chartered to provide the business with services and solutions to achieve company goals
- Lead team to engage with business partners in the research, evaluation, integration, and implementation of new business initiatives
- Lead team to drive continuous process improvements, innovation and cost savings
- Develop technology roadmap in collaboration with business, vendors, and other IT support teams
- Partner with strategic suppliers to develop, implement, and maintain services and products to support overall company goals
- Conduct team’s performance reviews, identify and provide training and development opportunities for improvement and career growth. Provide coaching and mentoring. Ensure appropriate levels of staffing are maintained to provide work life balance
- Create an environment of functional and technical excellence, continual learning and quality deliverables, ensuring professional, well rounded, and delivery focused team with high morale
- Keep current on new and evolving technologies to improve efficiency and effectiveness across the organization
- Overall responsibility for the creation and management of the team’s budget
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, relevant certifications, and professional training programs
- Over fifteen years of professional experience with at least five years of relevant industry / functional experience
- Experience managing P&L or department budgets, and experience managing teams, located locally and remotely
- Strong understanding of software development processes/methodologies
- Over ten years’ experience in the management of complex systems supported by large and diverse technical staff including integration of legacy technologies, multi-platform hardware and software, networking telecommunications and security
- Strong knowledge of development and testing best practices
- Proven ability to drive change and help migrate an organization towards industry best practices
- Strong, proven people management skills
- Hawaiian Airlines is regulated by the Department of Transportation (DOT - regulation, 49 CFR part 40) and all applicants are advised that post-offer and/or pre-employment drug testing will be conducted to determine the presence of Marijuana, Cocaine, Opioids, PCP (Phencyclidine), and Amphetamine prior to any offer of employment or transfer into a safety-sensitive position. Failure to submit to testing or positive indications of drug use will render the applicant ineligible for employment with Hawaiian Airlines and any employment offer will be withdrawn.
- Strong working knowledge of airline flight operations, SOCC, Inflight and associated systems and business domains
- Working knowledge of an airline’s interoperability between multiple business domain (Airport Operations/Technical Operations/Flight Operations/Network Scheduling/Revenue/HR/etc.)
- Experience consulting and guiding business and IT organizations
- Ability to influence and persuade
- Strong technical background including experience with modern front-end development, API based architectures, integrations, data storage and data movement.
- Ability to decompose large business problems into incremental deliverables that deliver business value
- Understanding and ability to surface and define business capabilities
- Ability to define and articulate a long term product strategy
- Experience researching, identifying, documenting and communicating the current state and gaps that existing achieving the future state
- Ability to leverage Agile, Waterfall, and Iterative development methods to control the project scope, schedule, and costs.
- Ability to effectively communicate with individual contributors and senior business executives
About Hawaiian Airlines
Now in its 94th year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawaiʻi's biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers approximately 150 daily flights within the Hawaiian Islands, and nonstop flights between Hawaiʻi and 15 U.S. gateway cities – more than any other airline – as well as service connecting Honolulu and American Samoa, Australia, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea and Tahiti.
Consumer surveys by Condé Nast Traveler and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawaiʻi. In 2022, the carrier topped Travel + Leisure’s 2022 World’s Best
list as the No. 1 U.S. airline and was named Hawaiʻi's best employer by Forbes. Hawaiian® led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for 18 consecutive years (2004-2021) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation.
The airline is committed to connecting people with aloha by offering complimentary meals for all guests on transpacific routes and the convenience of no change fees on Main Cabin and Premium Cabin seats. HawaiianMiles members also enjoy flexibility with miles that never expire. As Hawai‘i’s hometown airline, Hawaiian encourages guests to Travel Pono and experience the islands safely and respectfully.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available at HawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian’s Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir), become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines), and follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian’s LinkedIn page.
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines’ online newsroom.