Project Lead (Permanent)
Underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, asset management, and specialist training, Babcock International works with customers around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the key market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear.
In Canada, Babcock works in the Marine sector, where our teams provide critical and complex support to Canada’s submarine fleet. Our Canadian team is proud to be trusted to deliver key naval in-service support for the Royal Canadian Navy. We also operate in the Aviation sector, where Babcock ensures that the aircrew trainees of our partner nations receive the world’s best flying training. We deliver vital aerial emergency services and are proud to have been selected by the Government of Manitoba to deliver their wildfire suppression services, as well as key components of their critical air ambulance services.
Whether it is providing technical training instruction, developing training materials or maintaining critical training assets, Babcock is trusted by its customers to deliver world-class training solutions.
Babcock’s Purpose is to create a safe and secure world, together. Our Principles create the foundation for how we will do this. They keep us on the right course, unify the way we work and guide us towards success. By thinking, connecting, and acting in line with these Principles, we’ll deliver better outcomes for our Culture, Customers and Communities. Collectively at Babcock, our employees embody the Principles that help make us great at what we do:
- Challenge the status quo, Be Curious, and ask, ‘how might we?’
- Whenever measuring success, Think: Outcomes and positive impacts.
- Be Kind to ourselves, each other, and our planet.
- Babcock employees Collaborate – we are greater than the sum of our parts,
- Be Courageous – be brave, ambitious, and determined.
- Everyone has a part to play - Own and Deliver to be successful.
We encourage you to explore our Babcock Canada website to learn more about us at www.babcockcanada.com.
In this role, you will:
- Support the Operations Delivery Manager in the day-to-day coordination of the interdisciplinary teams to deliver planning, production, engineering, commissioning, and subcontract work scopes to achieve project milestones
- Lead the development of the daily and weekly workface plans, and support the Operations Delivery Manager in the development of the detailed project planning schedules
- Provide coordination for subcontractors, including:
- Coordination of requirements definition, HS&E, execution strategy & deliverables through liaising with functional departments
- On-site management of subcontract activities, including daily reports
- Performance and cost monitoring to contracted scope
- Collaboratively develop team metrics to monitor Operational team performance and provide pro-active management solutions
- Monitor material availability and other pre-requisites to delivery as required
- Actively manage issues for ongoing work scopes to ensure timely delivery
- Focus on project delivery, utilizing skills and experience to accelerate activities to meet or better the project cost and schedule targets
- Participate in the active management of risk to the project in consultation with the Delivery & Risk Teams
- Contribute to building strong relationships with all stakeholders with a focus on embedding a culture of trust, teamwork, empowerment, and accountability
- Challenge existing processes and procedures and identify opportunities for improvements for the successful delivery of the project
The ideal candidate brings:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Project Management or Operational environment
- A post-secondary education in a relevant field, preference for a technical /engineering discipline
- A sound working knowledge of Project Management principles and operational management
- PMP Certification or equivalent, or be actively working towards this certification within eighteen months of attaining this role
- Submarine experience is considered an asset
- Strong communication skills that foster strong relationships and clarity of requirements
- Proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, meaning that you must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by the Government of Canada with the final dose at least 14 days prior to your start date as well as any COVID boosters recommended by public health authorities
- You are eligible for a Canadian Secret Security and ITAR Clearance
Babcock Canada supports the safety and wellbeing of our employees through the following programs:
- Contributions towards an employee’s physical and mental health
- Wellness days
- Supportive work life balance: flexible work schedule and competitive annual vacation time off
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Pregnancy and Parental Leave top-up available
- Employer matching of employee retirement contribution
- Employee recognition and bonus programs
- Support of professional development and reimbursement of membership dues
- Relocation assistance for individuals and families
Babcock is committed to promoting a workforce without boundaries. One that welcomes everyone to contribute to our success regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age. If you require accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you.
Applicants, please apply online at https://www.babcockinternational.com/careers/