Our Company Promise
We are committed to provide our Employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Creativity and innovation are encouraged for improving the effectiveness of Southwest Airlines. Above all, Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
All of Southwest’s People come together to deliver on our Purpose; Connecting People to what’s important in their lives through friendly, reliable, and low-cost air travel. The Assistant Manager Configuration Control Engineering supports our Purpose by owning the Southwest Continuing Analysis and Surveillance System (CASS) used to evaluate the performance and effectiveness of the Southwest Continuous Airworthiness Maintenance Program (CAMP). This role partners internally and externally to develop processes and procedures for 800 planes. The Assistant Manager Configuration Control Engineering is a strategic thinker who is excited about the opportunity to work in a high impact field.
The culture of Southwest Airlines means we value the camaraderie, collaboration, and innovation that occurs when we come together and interact face-to-face at our vibrant Corporate Campus. Due to the nature of this role, you would be required to work from our Dallas, TX headquarters facility during business hours.
U.S. citizenship or current authorization to work in the U.S. required and no current or future work authorization sponsorship available.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We continue to look for opportunities to reflect the communities we serve, and welcome applicants with diverse thoughts, backgrounds, and experiences.
Model the Southwest Way
- Guide and lead team members using SWA talent management practices to coach, develop, and engage Employees
- Adhere to Company values and competencies to foster a culture of inclusion, recognition, and support of a safe work environment
- Invest in leadership and self-growth through participating in continuous learning and development
- Develop and manage the process for reconciliation of Boeing Changes to ensure accuracy of all sections of IPC.
- Develop and maintain processes for proactive changes to support new aircraft deliveries
- Coordinate with ATA Engineering to ensure Engineering documents are accurately rolled into IPC
- Develop/Maintain processes to ensure all changes to IPC are documented and have correct authority and that these changes are not removed through Boeing revision process
- Develop enhancements to provide clear instructions to mechanics through IPC clarifications or enhancements.
- Ensure all Supplemental manuals are accurately represented and ensure processes are in place to maintain as changes are processed
- Lead direct reports in maintaining IPC, providing feedback and development as required
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's Lead
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to effectively influence people and present issues with solutions to audiences of all levels of leadership and employees
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, effectively manage discussions and conflicting viewpoints
- Ability to read and understand technical documents and publication processes, mechanical operations, Boeing aircraft drawings, and interpret their ability to meet intent of the maintenance program
- Ability to identify the right people for the task, delegate effectively and provide on-going coaching to ensure follow through and completion by the Team
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks with frequent interruptions, and adjust schedules based upon changing priorities
- Ability to assume a high level of responsibility and to provide direction in a Team-oriented environment
- Proficient - Using Microsoft products, multiple computer technologies and windows based applications
- Working knowledge of FAR's with a strong emphasis on Part 25 requirements and Part 121 operations
- Ability to assimilate technical data for verbal and written response to regulatory authorities
- Required: High School Diploma or GED
- Required: Bachelor's Degree
- Fully functioning broad knowledge in :
- Airline/OEM/MRO maintenance or maintenance support
- Experience directly or indirectly leading Teams or Employees
- Ability to perform work duties from [limited space work station/desk/office area] for extended periods of time
- Ability to communicate and interact with others in the English language to meet the demands of the job
- Ability to use a computer and other office productivity tools with sufficient speed and accuracy to meet the demands of the job
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines
Pay & Benefits:
Competitive market salary from $139,750 per year to $145,300 per year* depending on qualifications and experience. For eligible Leadership and individual contributor roles, additional bonus opportunities are available and awarded at the discretion of the company.
Benefits you’ll love:
- Fly for free, as a privilege, on any open seat on all Southwest flights (your eligible dependents too)
- Up to a 9.3% 401(k) Company match, dollar for dollar, of your eligible pay, per paycheck *
- Potential for annual ProfitSharing contribution toward retirement - when Southwest profits, you profit**
- Explore more Benefits you’ll love: https://careers.southwestair.com/benefits
*Pay amount does not guarantee employment for any particular period of time.
**401(k) match contributions are subject to the plan’s vesting schedule and applicable IRS limits
***ProfitSharing contributions are subject to plan’s vesting schedule and are made at the discretion of the Company.
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please print/save this job description because it won't be available after you apply.