Location: PHL AIRPORT GROUP 6 (PHL-TGR6)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 67332
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you'll love this job
- This job is a member of the Flight Service Team within the Customer Experience Division.
- Responsible for supervising, directing and coordinating job performance and activities of Flight Attendants and Support Staff.
- Acts as the Manager on Duty or in an operational support role working in the actual operation either on the concourse, at the gates or on the aircraft, as required.
- Occasionally works as a Flight Attendant.
What you'll do
As noted above, this list is intended to reflect the current job but there may be additional essential functions (and certainly non-essential job functions) that are not referenced. Management will modify the job or require other tasks be performed whenever it is deemed appropriate to do so, observing, of course, any legal obligations including any collective bargaining obligations.
- Coaches and counsels subordinate employees to ensure a thorough understanding of and compliance with all Company and departmental policies, procedures and regulations
- Initiates appropriate corrective action, up to and including dismissal
- Provides guidance in developing Flight Attendants and Support Staff for greater responsibility, transfer and promotion
- Participates in task forces and planning activities to problem solve and plan the future direction of the department
- Ensures a quality product is consistently delivered to our customers
- Accomplishes in-flight Quality Service Reviews and works with a variety of departments, other city management and vendors who are involved in producing or delivering the different aspects of the in-flight product
- Acts as the Manager on Duty or in an operational support role working in the actual operation either on the concourse, at the gates or on the aircraft, as require
- Ability to work shift work, including weekends and holidays
- Must be able to travel and be away from home 25% of the month
All you'll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Current Flight Service, Passenger Service or Passenger Sales experience
- An understanding of working with a contract labor group is desirable
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Be able to coach, develop, and lead a team of Flight Attendants
- Available to work shifts that include early mornings, late nights, weekends and Holidays. Along with the flexibility of shift changes for operational needs
- Excellent interpersonal, planning and organizational skill
- Must be able to Meet the qualifications to train as a flight attendant, to enable better leadership of your team
- Neat, well-groomed and capable of making a positive impression
- Be service oriented
- Able to push/pull force of up to 60 pounds
- Successfully perform physical requirements of the job, including emergency evacuation drills
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects at the same time
- Must fulfill FAA criminal background checks to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable
- Ability to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges
- Must Pass U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) mandate drug test
What you'll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 67332