Location: DFW Headquarters Building 8 (DFW-SV08)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 67267
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you'll love this job
- Lead a team of Instructional Designers and Facilitators who are responsible for remote and in classroom web-based training programs for global contact center operations (owned and outsourced teams)
- Work closely with the Airport and Cargo Training Development team to realize synergies and best practices in the efficient and effective delivery of training to our frontline teams
- This job is a partof the As part of the Airport Performance and Readiness team within our Airports group.
What you'll do
As noted above, this list is intended to reflect the current job but there may be additional essential functions (and certainly non-essential job functions) that are not referenced. Management will modify the job or require other tasks be performed whenever it is deemed appropriate to do so, observing, of course, any legal obligations including any collective bargaining obligations.
- Closely collaborate and coordinate with Policy and Procedure, Quality, Frontline Leadership, and other stakeholders to ensure the training product evolves and aligns with strategic business objectives
- Lead a team responsible for organizing and facilitiating training programs including cross-team coordination with SMEs to develop and deliver curriculum
- Engage in strategic planning and decision-making by adapting to changing circumstances as the business moves forward
- Deliver relevant and accurate content that accelerates and sustains team member proficiency
- Establish and evaluate metrics that measure the performance and success of ongoing training programs
- Maximize the effectiveness of training initiatives by staying up-to-date with evolving training best practices, methods, learning tools, and technologies
- Identify training improvement opportunities, and develop solutions that improve the effectiveness of training programs
- Track, provide reporting, and drive measurable training delivery results for all programs
- Manage scorm compliant Knowledge Management System (KMS) training content and associated knowledge-check quizzes and tests
- Develop skills assessment new-hire programs that reduce training costs and result in higher yields of class graduates
- Partner with product, technology, and business teams to integrate technologies that reduce team member effort
- Coordinate with Enterprise Learning to leverage training resources, content, and technology
- Success will be defined by the ability to drive transformational change, performance improvement, and a transition to a fully blended learning environment
All you'll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Learning and Development, or Education, or relevant field or equivalent training/experience
- 7+ years of experience building web-based new-hire and refresher training programs or relevant experience
- Experience in leadership roles, developing team members and overseeing cross-functional teams
- Extensive experience managing and implementing large, complex projects
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- 5+ years of managerial experience in a Learning and Development, Technical Training, program management or operations role implementing training programs
- Led proven successful training programs that improved employee performance and had a positive impact on the business’s overall performance and effectiveness
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Fundamental knowledge of instructional design and adult learning methodologies
- Effectively manages content/training projects at low costs using agile methodology
- Demonstrates exceptional technical skills with high proficiency in MS Office applications, Articulate 360, Adobe Premier, or similar applications
- Employs a variety of teaching strategies conducive to motivating learning, including examples, practice, and interactivity
- Strong interpersonal skills; highly approachable and professional at all times
- Action-oriented, results-driven, future-focused leader with a natural aptitude for seeking opportunities that transform existing business models
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, with ability to handle complex topics comfortably and to interact effectively with all levels, both verbally and written
- Proven ability to collaborate and develop strong, productive relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
What you'll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 67267