Job Description Summary
Lead cross functional teams to deliver on all program(s) deliverables within the terms and conditions of the contract and business case. Impacts the team's ability to achieve service, quality and timeliness of objectives. Subject to Commercial policy objectives. Has independence in achieving commercial objectives within operating budgets and operating guidelines. There is moderate autonomy within the role to enter into/execute Commercial arrangements. High levels of Commercial judgment are required to achieve outcomes required.
Roles and Responsibilities
- All contract performance related activities, tied to customer(s) or program(s).
Perform as interface between the customer and the internal business team, managing the transfer of information and requests.
Assure timely resolution of issues, keep the customer advised of the progress of the program, and negotiate changes, variations, solutions to issues.
Responsible for adherence to contract service, operations, and performance specifications, as well as financial & technical metrics specific to contract.
May also support proposal and negotiations.
- Requires specialized knowledge across product lines, markets, sales processes, or customer groups. Requires strong commercial awareness, and is expected to influence the development of strategy for their broad sales territory, including control of resources.
- Interprets simple internal and external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services. Stays informed of industry trends that may inform work.
- Uses high level of judgment to make decisions and handle complex tasks or problems within projects, product lines, markets, sales processes, campaigns or customers. Has ability to assess quality of information given and ask pertinent questions to stakeholders or customers. Able to offer new solutions to problems outside of set parameters and is able to construct and provide recommendations. Uses multiple internal and some external sources outside of own function to help arrive at a decision.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 9 years of Program/Project Management or related experience)
- Minimum of 5 years of Program/Project Management or related experience
- PMP certification
- Experience in the Aerospace industry
- Aviation Systems customer-facing experience
- Master’s degree
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
- Established project management skills
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes