How you’ll help us Keep Climbing (overview & key responsibilities):
Delta IT is on a journey of transformation. We are changing the way we do business from top to bottom. As thought leaders within Delta, we strive to create meaningful and innovative solutions and are looking for team members to help us realize our vision.
- Delta IT employees are thinkers, doers, innovators.
- We are proactive.
- We are collaborative.
- We deliver impact to our customers.
Join us on our transformation journey in becoming a world-class IT organization at the world's best airline!
Delta.com is the 4th largest ecommerce property in the US and is responsible for millions of customer interactions a day. As a member of the Revenue & Sales Service, you will be engineering the experience closest to our customer, and able to see the change you impact within days and weeks of the change. As part of this team, you will create a rich and satisfying experience that results in a frictionless travel experience. Join one of the world’s top airlines at the cutting edge of customer facing technology for delta.com!
- Determining feasibility & scalability of front-end solutions, interacting with business and product owners in order to define technical solutions for customer problems.
- Production issue triage, management, and prevention as needed.
- Technical definition and implementation for analytics, error logging/tracking, and other key functional customer interactions on our website.
- Design reviews for feasibility, tech design, and impact analysis
- Develop sustainable, accessibility compliant solutions
- Long term technical debt resolutions, debt prevention & code reviews
- Analysis and implementation of Performance/Stability/Reliability/Architecture initiatives
- Research & Development of POCs & innovative new ideas for customer interactions with Delta
- Assisting in defining alternate solutions for the business problems and providing estimates for potential new workstreams
- Creating a learning culture by establishing, sharing, and enforcing best practices and lessons learned
What you need to succeed (minimum qualifications):
- BS/MS, preferably in a technical or scientific field, with 3 or more years of experience in an Agile environment, or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training
- Strong leadership ability with a track record of developing people and achieving challenging objectives.
- Expert Level development experience in Typescript
- Expert Level development experience in HTML5, JS and CSS3
- Experience with Test Driven Development
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications):
- Communication Skills - The ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of employees and management, capable of successful formal and informal communication, speaks and writes clearly and understandably for the audience.
- Integrity and Trust - Involves being widely trusted, being seen as a direct, truthful individual, can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences, admits mistakes, and doesn't misrepresent him/herself for personal gain
- Teamwork - Involves working well in a collaborative setting, supporting work team by volunteering for and completing assignments, acting as a positive team member by contributing to discussions, developing and maintaining both formal and informal relationships enterprise-wide, defines success in terms of the entire team through mentoring and knowledge transfer.
- Technical Expertise - Involves demonstrating a commitment to increasing knowledge and skills in current technical/functional area, keeping up to date on technical developments, staying informed as to industry practices, knowing how to apply relevant technical processes to appropriate business needs
- Solution Oriented - Maintains a positive attitude towards coming up with solutions and developing new approaches, doesn't let distractions get in the way, isn't overwhelmed with problems/issues
Nice to Have :
- Ability to write, execute and visualize test results.
- Code organization and bundling for coherent packaging.
- Continuous improvement journey with logging and error tracking/handling
- Performance optimization, dynamic loading, and caching at significant scale
- UI Grids, Responsive Web Design, using Figma to interact with visual design
- Ecommerce project experience