Program Overview and Benefits
: Republic Airways is proud to offer an internship program that prepares students for the workforce. While we provide resources to help interns sharpen skills and make meaningful contributions in their department, we also provide the following during the internships:
- Mentorship program
- Ability to shadow various departments
- Professional development workshops and departmental information sessions
- Direct exposure to aviation industry, facilities tours, etc.
- Additional opportunities to work with other interns directly on projects
- Housing stipend or mileage reimbursement provided, if applicable
- Competitive hourly pay
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION And/or EXPERIENCE
- Assist with coordinating and tracking FA recognition for customer compliment and follow ups for coaching.
- Present ideas and concepts for refreshed internal Inflight communication formats, and assist in distributing all Internal Inflight communications, including, but not
- limited to: Memos, newsletters, and emails.
- Establish an up-to-date Inflight presence on SharePoint Hub site while keeping appropriate Base Information updated.
- Assist in uploading necessary stories, updates, videos, and any other necessary information to keep the Inflight site as the most relevant resource it can be.
- Attended meetings and provide meeting notes with codeshares and Onboard Service personnel to keep appropriate servicestandards communicated to line FAs.
- Provide new ideas and concepts for Inflight memos on policies, procedures, and current events for communication to the Flight Attendants.
- Assist coordinating Inflight promotional materials, and inflight branding.
- Fosters the Company's core values and culture throughout internship
- Present ideas and concepts for special projects and other duties as assigned or required.
- Pursuing a bachelor’s degree (B.A. / B.S.) in Business, Communications, Journalism, or Aviation Management
- Minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a business group
- Ability to work onsite at our Indianapolis Headquarters location, unless otherwise directed by hiring manager
- Ability to work up to 40 hours per week with a minimum of 20 hours for spring and fall interns
- Eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.REASONING/PROBLEM SOLVING ABILITY
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Able to read and interpret technical, regulatory and contractual documentation. Able to maintain confidentiality.DECISION MAKING
Makes day to day decisions used to support strategic direction. Decisions often require some thought without established precedents or procedures. Decisions tend to be short term and usually of moderate cost. Able to work independently or as part of a team to drive results.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to move about the work environment.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, talk and hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Typically not exposed to extreme environmental conditions.