Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Contract Duration: Until end of 2024
About the team you are joining
Vast amounts of operational and
safety data are being generated throughout the various sectors of aviation.
Data science methodologies provide the opportunity to extract relevant data and
provide insights to improve safety and /or flight efficiency.
objective is to be the center for excellence of comprehensive aviation data
that is reliable, of high quality, leverages our relationships with airlines
and makes IATA the reference point for those wanting to understand the aviation
industry. By the end of 2024, IATA will have built tools that support the
industry's core business processes, for example - airline operations, CO2
emissions and safety.
to the Principal Safety Flight Ops Civil Aviation and ATM Consulting, the Principal,
Safety and Operational Analytics will be responsible to implement this
vision and further develop the business offering of IATA related to safety and
What your day would be like
The Principal, Safety and Operational Analytics is expected
- Lead the internal initiatives related to the development of safety and operational analytics in IATA. This includes the management of resources dedicated to those initiatives.
- In close coordination with IATA Global Aviation Data Management Team (GADM), lead the design of standardized and effective analytical reports for each use-case identified (opening of a new route / region / airport, entry into service of a new aircraft type, pilot training, introduction of a new operating procedure, etc.). Manage all the teams involved in the delivery of use-cases and projects related to safety and operational analytics.
- Proactively engage with airlines to demonstrate the added value of safety and operational analytics developed by IATA.
- Identify commercial opportunities, develop responses to expression of interest/contract proposals, and negotiate, until contract closure, projects in line with the budgetary targets.
- Develop and execute the IATA business offering related to safety and operational analytics. Lead the promotion of the IATA business offering at various events, conferences, and forums to generate awareness and increase the uptake.
- Lead the development of new tools to automate the processing of such analytical reports.
- Meet the financial objectives assigned by management.
- Prepare annual budgets and monthly financial projections; submit reports and regular updates on progress, accomplishments, financial status and plans as requested.
We would love to hear from you if you meet the following criteria
University degree (Bachelor or Master) in Engineering / Data Science.
Solid experience in safety and flight operations with broad international experience in the airline industry. In-depth knowledge and understanding of global aviation safety and operational standards.
Strong strategic vision and a proven track record of delivering safety and operational analytics projects.
Proven track record of delivering successful commercial projects and initiatives.
Proven ability to lead and manage cross-functional teams, as well as manage stakeholders.
Strong communication and presentation skills to effectively communicate safety and analytics strategies to a wide range of stakeholders. Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with key industry stakeholders.
Travel Required: Y
Diversity and Inclusion are one of our key priorities and we want to role model it. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills in which you can contribute at your best and be who you are. The more inclusive we are, the better we will be able to thrive to represent, lead and service the airline industry. If there is anything we can do to create a more comfortable interview experience for you, please let us know.
Learn more about IATA’s role in the industry, our benefits, and the team at iata/careers/. We are looking forward to hearing from you!