At Hawaiian Airlines, we are all about welcoming our guests with Hawaiian hospitality and aloha, and taking care of our people, our home, and the communities we serve. Join our ‘ohana and be a part of an exciting team of professionals dedicated to serving our kama‘āina and introducing our islands to the world!
This position has primary responsibility for managing all aspects of CRE’s design & construction matters. This role provides leadership, coaching and guidance to the design and construction management team, develops the company’s multi-year capital program in support of strategic initiatives for business units throughout the company, develops and manages the overall CRE capital resource plan and budget and oversees CRE’s capital reporting to company leaders.
Design and Construction
- Provides ongoing leadership, coaching and guidance to the Design & Construction team in overall programming, design, permitting, construction and project management (including budget development/management) of capital improvement projects throughout the Hawaiian Airlines network
- Leads the team’s overall efforts at negotiating design and construction-related contracts with third party business partners
- Collaborates with the CRE leadership team in the continued development and management of company design standards and related utilization metrics
- Partners closely with internal business leaders and third party business partners in the planning and development of the company’s multi-year capital program
- Provides leadership and guidance to the design and construction team to ensure consistent application of design standards and overall project development, implementation and ongoing reporting
- Responsible for ensuring the team’s consistent and timely review and approval of all change orders and invoices consistent with design and construction contract documents
- Provides leadership necessary to ensure projects are completed per design specs and in compliance with all applicable regulatory codes and related requirement
- Supports the design and construction team in the timely procurement of permits required by applicable regulatory authorities
- Collaborate with Airport Affairs team to provide input and guidance to airline consortia systemwide to reduce project costs and maintenance costs of services including facilities maintenance on baggage handling systems, jet-bridges and janitorial services
- In conjuction with Airport Affairs and business unit owners, partner in the development of strategic planning for company facilities, including providing guidance related to cost and schedule estimates for various potential design and construction
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or a related field
- Minimum 10 years of directly-related experience in design, construction, or related fields
- A motivated self-starter who thrives in a collaborative team environment
- Polished executive presence with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum 5 years of management experience leading individual employees and multiple, diverse teams with a demonstrated track record of growing leaders and independent thinkers. Other managerial experience such as managing complex stakeholders, and creating cross-functional strategic plans may be considered in lieu of the minimum management requirement
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational, analytical, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Expert-level knowledge and understanding of all phases of design and construction project delivery methods, project controls, construction documentation and phasing
- Seasoned veteran with demonstrated ability to develop and maintain long-lasting relationships with internal colleagues/executives and third party business partners, including architects, general contractors, construction managers, consultants and other service providers to ensure timely project completion within budget, schedule and quality requirements
- Experience working as an owner’s representative for the interests of the real estate owner/leaseholder, preferably within the aviation industry
- Experience managing P&L or department budgets and project teams through all phases in the development and construction process
- Expert ability to communicate (written and verbal) well at all levels of an organization
- Presentation skills to present business cases to sponsor an initiative
- Ability to work with design & construction related software and automated tools, Microsoft Office and Excel/PowerPoint
- Hawaiian Airlines is regulated by the Department of Transportation (DOT - regulation, 49 CFR part 40) and all applicants are advised that post-offer and/or pre-employment drug testing will be conducted to determine the presence of Marijuana, Cocaine, Opioids, PCP (Phencyclidine), and Amphetamine prior to any offer of employment or transfer into a safety-sensitive position. Failure to submit to testing or positive indications of drug use will render the applicant ineligible for employment with Hawaiian Airlines and any employment offer will be withdrawn.
- Graduate degree in construction management, architecture/design, engineering or a related field
- Relevant design or construction professional certifications and related professional training
- Minimum 5 years design/construction experience within aviation industry, preferably within an airline or airport environment
- At least 5 years experience working with federal, state and local airport authorities and/or relevant governmental jurisdictions on major capital improvement infrastructure aviation-related projects
- LEED accredited professional
About Hawaiian Airlines
Now in its 94th year of continuous service, Hawaiian is Hawaiʻi's biggest and longest-serving airline. Hawaiian offers approximately 150 daily flights within the Hawaiian Islands, and nonstop flights between Hawaiʻi and 15 U.S. gateway cities – more than any other airline – as well as service connecting Honolulu and American Samoa, Australia, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea and Tahiti.
Consumer surveys by Condé Nast Traveler and TripAdvisor have placed Hawaiian among the top of all domestic airlines serving Hawaiʻi. In 2022, the carrier topped Travel + Leisure’s 2022 World’s Best
list as the No. 1 U.S. airline and was named Hawaiʻi's best employer by Forbes. Hawaiian® led all U.S. carriers in on-time performance for 18 consecutive years (2004-2021) as reported by the U.S. Department of Transportation.
The airline is committed to connecting people with aloha by offering complimentary meals for all guests on transpacific routes and the convenience of no change fees on Main Cabin and Premium Cabin seats. HawaiianMiles members also enjoy flexibility with miles that never expire. As Hawai‘i’s hometown airline, Hawaiian encourages guests to Travel Pono and experience the islands safely and respectfully.
Hawaiian Airlines, Inc. is a subsidiary of Hawaiian Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: HA). Additional information is available at HawaiianAirlines.com. Follow Hawaiian’s Twitter updates (@HawaiianAir), become a fan on Facebook (Hawaiian Airlines), and follow us on Instagram (hawaiianairlines). For career postings and updates, follow Hawaiian’s LinkedIn page.
For media inquiries, please visit Hawaiian Airlines’ online newsroom.