Job Title: Senior Safety Engineer
Compensation: Competitive salary + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 39523
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Senior Safety Engineer.
As a Senior Safety Engineer, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. This is your opportunity to make a real impact in support of the operational capability of the nation’s nuclear submarine fleet and the continuous nuclear deterrent by joining our Submarine Support Engineering group and lead on the delivery of safety engineering tasks.
Day to day you’ll support the delivery of the Babcock International Group, Engineering Services technical outputs you won’t be phased by changing priorities as we move to the future, and you will be in keeping with the requirements of the prevailing support contract framework. This will include:
• Leading on safety management
• Production reviews and technical assurance of documentation of high technical complexity
• Project management
• Mentoring and technical development of Safety Engineers within the Group
Essential experience of the Senior Safety Engineer
• In-depth understanding of Safety and Environmental Management principles across the marine/maritime domain
• Project management experience and be familiar with the delivery of technical outputs within a contractual framework
• Submarine operating experienced or demonstrable knowledge of submarine systems / engineering principles.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. There is a requirement as Senior Safety Engineer to attend on site on Bristol as the business requires.
Qualifications for the Senior Safety Engineer
• Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline
• CEng accredited with the Engineering Council or IEng and actively progressing application towards Chartership
The successful candidate must be able to achieve ‘Security Check’ security clearance level for this role.
• Generous holiday allowance
• Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
• Employee share scheme
• Employee shopping savings portal
• Payment of Professional Fees
• Reservists in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
• Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
• ‘Be Kind Day’ enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pages
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 21/06/2023