Job Title: Vehicle Conversion Technician
Compensation: £23,367 - £31,902 - Depending on experience plus £1000 bonus after month one
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF50950
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Vehicle Conversion Technician at our Walsall site.
As a Vehicle Conversion Technician, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. Be part of a highly skilled team supporting customers including the police, fire, and ambulance service.
Day to day, you’ll learn something new each day; until you become skilled in all aspects of the coachbuilder role. Our Vehicle Conversion Technician:
• Construct bespoke vehicle conversions.
• Remove and refit interior trims & light mechanical work.
• Upgrade glass fitment, removal and refitment of interior trims.
• General modifications to original vehicle build.
• Work to vehicle build specifications.
Essential experience of the Vehicle Conversion Technician,
The following is the preferred experience however, we are open to applicants from different industries.
• Experience using hand and power tools such as grinders, drills, air rachet, cutting tools, air & jigsaw tools
• You will have the ability to read and interpret plans, instructions and diagrams
• Effective verbal and written communication
• Ability to work effectively under own initiative, or as part of a team to achieve desired results
• Ability to work safely in an industrial environment
This role is full time based on site in Walsall. This will be a Monday – Friday shift pattern with an early finish every Friday.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve NVVP1 and Sc security clearance level for this role.
• Generous holiday allowance
• Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
• Employee share scheme
• Employee shopping savings portal
• Payment of Professional Fees
• Reservists in the armed forces receive ten days special paid leave
• Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
• ‘Be Kind Day’ enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pages
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Babcock delivers the design, manufacture and support of customised vehicles and protective solutions. Our customers include the emergency services, civil service, military and other security focused organisations based in the UK and overseas.
Recently we were awarded a contract to support the British Army with electric vehicle conversion and trials, news that Top Gear shared on their website.
Due to this growth, we are expanding our team, so if you are interested in taking your career in an exciting new direction then consider Babcock for your next move. You will join a team of over 250 that are based at our Walsall site, ideally located five minutes off of the M6 and offers free employee parking.
Vehicle conversions can include mechanical, electrical, bodywork, fabrication, welding and painting, and there are full and part time opportunities available across these skillsets. Whilst relevant experience and qualifications is preferred, you will also be considered if you have a practical aptitude and some experience working on vehicles. Required workwear, safety equipment and training will be provided.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you’ll continually develop your knowledge and expertise. Join us and play your part in helping to create a safe and secure world, together.
Closing date: 19 May 2023