Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Location: Ashton House, Bristol
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 50634
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Senior Project Manager at our Ashton House site.
As a Senior Project Manager, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. You’ll be a leader with an excellent eye for project control and project delivery best practice, reporting directly to the Head of UK Submarines. You’ll oversee and deliver responses to tenders and complex bids throughout the entire bid lifecycle with one or more of our key strategic customers.
Day to day, you’ll
• Provide overall operational and strategic management of assigned projects and bids within the UK Submarines portfolio.
• Project management of complex engineering proposals, ensuring that delivery teams understand cost, time and quality requirements and remain coordinated in their approach to setting up the foundations for delivery success.
• Provide effective risk management to ensure that the contract risk exposure is kept to a minimum and can be effectively managed throughout delivery.
• Ensure that effective change management is applied to proposals, balancing flexibility to changing customer requirements with the need for robust commercial agreements.
Essential experience of the Senior Project Manager,
• Considerable experience in the advanced application of Project/Bid Management techniques in a relevant technical project environment.
• Experience building trusted relationships with one or more key strategic customers and being able to influence senior internal and external stakeholders in meeting bid objectives.
• Experience in leading and managing a team of multi-disciplinary project staff, providing direction and motivation in fast paced bid response environments.
This role provides hybrid working with 1-2 days per week in the office and the rest working from home.
Qualifications for the Senior Project Manager,
• PMQ qualification or equivalent (expected), Chartered (advantageous)
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance level for this role.
• Generous holiday allowance
• Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
• Employee share scheme
• Employee shopping savings portal
• Payment of Professional Fees
• Reservists in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
• Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
• ‘Be Kind Day’ enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pages
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.