- Be part of a large Finance Team
- Agile and supportive working environment
- Full time, permanent position in CBD
About the role
The Financial Accountant is responsible for delivering the Accounts Receivable function, ensuring timely invoicing to customers and effective credit control activities. The role is a key part of the Corporate Services Finance team responsible for performing daily bank reconciliations, preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations, and processing the payroll journal entries. The role is also part of the wider Babcock finance team providing support and guidance to other business units.
Experienced in a similar role will see you hold a solid understanding of Australian accounting principles and practices as well as using complex accounting systems (ERP). Strong attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving skills will see you comfortable in prioritising workload and processing multiple currency / FX transactions.
Ideally you will hold a Tertiary qualification in accounting, finance, or related discipline and studying towards (or hold) a professional accounting qualification (CA, CPA).
Your future at Babcock – what we offer you
- We provide an agile work environment where you’re able to work onsite and remotely, and to set you up for this we provide a laptop and working from home kit if required, in addition we offer a compressed week which can provide you even more flexibility;
- Our work life integration policy brings together leave entitlements which include annual leave, wellbeing leave, paid parental leave, defence reservist leave plus more;
- We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career, supported by our capability framework plus ongoing access to self-led learning modules through LinkedIn Learning and access to study leave;
- You’ll have access to beRewarded which will provide you with endless discounts across retail, health, entertainment, travel and much more, plus novated leasing options and corporate shares plan;
- Your wellbeing is supported through our online wellbeing program Munch, Mind, Move, Money, access to our employee assistance program plus you can access two days annually from your personal leave as wellbeing days;
- You’ll be able to participate in our weRecognise program which is an opportunity to recognise the outstanding work our people do each and every day in living our principles which are Be kind, Collaborate, Be Curious, Think Outcomes, Be Courageous and Own & Deliver
Who we are
Babcock International Group, the aerospace and defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services for over a century.
Across Australia and New Zealand, Babcock has grown to a team of over 1,300 talented people, and we are on a path of continued growth and expansion. We operate across sectors such as defence, commercial marine, aviation, airports, communications, emergency services and engineering consultancy. To provide you some local context, some of the programs our team are proud to be a part of involve:
- Providing emergency medical and search & rescue aviation services through our Aviation & Critical Services business;
- Designing and supporting key systems for submarines and surface ships through our Marine business;
- Providing fleet wide through life support and asset management services for Navy customers;
- Managing critical assets for a range of sectors through our Land Business.
So, if you would like to join us and help create a safe and secure world, together, please apply via the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
To learn more about us visit www.babcock.com.au
Please note, should your application progress you may be required to complete pre-employment checks. These checks may include but not limited to, reference checks, police check, security check, qualifications and right to work.
Babcock Australasia is a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.
Job Req# SF50593