Oaklands Global are currently looking to recruit an experienced Design Engineer to join a reputable client in New Zealand on a permanent basis.
This is a permanent role and will require relocation (support can be given with relocation allowance/VISA’s)
- Preparation or checking of a design change data package for the purpose of modifying/repairing an aircraft, typically comprising; Certificate of Approval & Statement of Compliance, Master Document List (MDL), Engineering Order (EO), Instructions for Continued Airworthiness (ICA), Flight Manual Supplement (FMS), Production & Installation Drawings, Wiring Diagrams, Tech assessment, compliance reports & test plans.
- From time to time a Design Engineer is required to coordinate the delivery of a design-lead project, responsible for Ensuring the delivery conforms to the Design Specification agreed with the customer. Management of the agreed budget and schedule. Coordination of all design/cert activity within the design team, providing project supervision for all members of design team involved in project. Liaison with other departments to ensure the manufacture, installation and ground/flight testing is coordinated per project schedule. Liaison with CAA (as required) for STC approval.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for process and systems improvement with Design Team. Work with team and relevant parties to develop and execute improvements.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with manufacturing, maintenance and customer support functions.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with CAANZ.
- Deliver exceptional customer service outcomes, both internally and externally.
- Keep abreast of relevant industry and legislation knowledge pertaining to role as a design engineer.
- Identify and/or attend relevant training courses (including safety related training) and seminars.
- Offer leadership advice and guidance within Design Team for areas of skill and knowledge where you are the recognised subject matter expert.
- Provide professional and ethical behaviour in your actions by ensuring compliance with external legislation and industry standards, and alignment with the code of Conduct and our Values.
- You are required to familiarise yourself with and comply with all 146 Design Organisation policies and procedures as specified by the Design Exposition.
- You are to take reasonable care for your own safety and ensure no actions or inactions on your part compromise the safety of others. You are expected to actively encourage and participate in health and safety culture by complying with health and safety policies, processes, and procedures as well as following any reasonable instruction related to health and safety.
- Ensure the reputation is enhanced within industry and the Aviation community by all that you do.
- Promote activities and initiatives that assist the business achieve its vision and mission.
- A relevant tertiary, professional engineering qualification (e.g., B. Eng. or higher).
- Repair design and airworthiness certification experience and expertise.
- Strong understanding of the aviation industry, particularly helicopters (preferred).
- Strong written/verbal communication with a focus on teamwork.
- Strong technical report checking and writing ability.
- Broad understanding of aircraft regulatory compliance requirements (rotorcraft preferred).
- Sound business acumen with robust problem solving and reasoning skills.
- Excellent time management and high energy levels.
- Experience with Helicopter Design Modifications
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to Callum Devaney in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.
Oaklands Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy