Location: DFW Headquarters Building 8 (DFW-SV08)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 66958
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you'll love this job
- This job is a member of the Benefits Strategy and Planning Team within the People/HR Division
- Responsible for analyzing, developing, recommending, and implementing health and well-being strategies to ensure market competitiveness and alignment with company goals
- Additionally, the position is responsible for the strategic, financial and contractual management of health and well-being vendors plans and programs
What you'll do
- Prepares in-depth analysis of American Airlines health and well-being plans and programs, health care trends and develops strategies to impact American's health and well-being plans and programs
- Evaluates the effectiveness of vendor services and recommends opportunities for improvements and lead the end to end implementation of strategic solutions
- Manages vendor relationships, contracts, and works collaboratively to ensure plan provisions and contractual requirements are implemented, interpreted, and administered correctly
- Oversees vendor compliance and ensures all government regulatory requirements are managed within the plan policies and procedures
- Develops and reviews employee health and well-being communications and presentations
- Interfaces with union representatives, company leaders and represents Company at various vendor and industry events
All you'll need for success
Minimum Qualifications - Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience/training
- Proven experience in using data to analyze trends and budgeting
- Strong presentation and writing skills
Preferred Qualifications - Education & Prior Job Experience
- SPHR, PHR and/or CEBS certification
- Experience in health and well-being plans and program management
- Knowledge of health and well-being industry trends, regulations, and best practices
- Experience developing health and well-being program recommendations
- Prior budget, forecasting and financial reconciliation experience
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to run, analyze, manipulate, and maintain large data sets efficiently
- Must be able to work independently and with limited direction to prioritize tasks under narrow time limitations, and appropriately communicate changes and progress
- Ability to influence all levels of management and vendors
- Ability to achieve excellence: hold high standard of quality for self and others
- Goal oriented
What you'll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 66958