We are a global leader in the research, design, integration, manufacture, certification, and lifetime service of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, lubrication, and pneumatic systems and components for aerospace and other high-technology markets. We supports the world’s aircraft and aero engine manufacturers, providing a century of experience and innovation for commercial and military aircraft.
Joining our team means you’re helping to deliver our purpose of ‘Enabling Engineering Breakthroughs that Lead to a Better Tomorrow. A career at Parker Meggitt offers boundless potential for professional and personal growth. You will work alongside the brightest minds in the world, help develop innovative technology and products, and contribute to our company’s goal of solving the world’s greatest engineering challenges.
We have succeeded in employing the top talent in the industry by focusing our hiring efforts on the individual, not the job description. If you are an inquisitive thinker with great ideas and a desire to succeed, we will find the perfect spot for you on our team.
Manage statutory accounting and tax planning and compliance matters for UK entities.
Manage external audit of all legal entities as appropriate – including responding to audit requests from the US corporate. Ensure all aspects of the audit are undertaken and resolved such that the annual financial statements for each legal entity are filed with the regulatory authorities within the prescribed deadline.
Ensure all corporation tax returns, tax packs and obligations are fulfilled with respect to both external tax authorities and to the internal corporate tax department and management.
Provide support, advice and assistance to the department manager on relevant projects and tasks.
Integrate newly and recently acquired entities into the legal organisational structure in accordance with all external and internal regulations and policies. Manage and reorganise existing legal organisation structure to optimise tax planning efficiencies.
Management and control of Research & Development spend and related GAAP reporting.
- Manage preparation of consolidated tax and accounting schedules for onward submission to external advisors and internal departments.
- Provide strategic input and support to formal enquiries from tax authorities.
- Prepare regular tax forecasts and arrange for respective payments to be made to authorities.
- Prepare quarterly total tax forecasts for the region to assist the Corporate Tax department with consolidated tax reporting.
- Significant involvement in project work to revise and reorganise legal structure of companies within the Parker group.
- Preparation and submission of annual financial statements for legal entities in local GAAP.
- Manage and respond to annual completion of US tax packages within region. Ensuring submission within tight deadlines of this extensive and important exercise to achieve Corporate Tax compliance requirements.
- Ensure the company is at all times aware and prepared for the introduction of legislation and the effect to which this may impact of the area of responsibility.
- Ensure the correct GAAP rules are applied in all areas. Demonstrating awareness of changes in GAAP rules e.g. FRS102.
- Respond to queries from statutory auditors and tax auditors.
- Manage the preparation of monthly local GAAP management accounts for the main UK trading entities.
- Develop and maintain process to ensure compliance with acquisition commitments for UK Research & Development spend
- Develop and maintain process for future capitalisation approvals (and overspends).
- Maintain and coordinate detail of UK GAAP to US GAAP differences.
- Ad hoc assistance to the UK Financial Reporting & Tax Compliance Manager and the UK FSM as required.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- ACA/ACCA qualified with 5 years PQE
- In depth technical knowledge and experience of UK Accounting Standards including R&D
- Good knowledge of US GAAP
- Relevant tax experience in Big 4/leading Mid-Tier and/or large corporate; solid relevant and current financial reporting experience
- Good awareness of all financial reporting areas
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills with the ability to convey complex issues to senior management as appropriate
- Self-starter and ability to constructively challenge
- Broad experience of finance technology
- Good project management skills
Meggitt are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and beliefs define who we are as a business. We strongly believe that building a culture of respect and appreciation, will give everyone the opportunity to recognise their full potential.