Role: Process Engineer- Precision Assembly
Rate of Pay: Please apply for further details
Location: Stevenage - This role will be working on site full time - free parking is provided
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday days - regular opportunity for working extra hours mid-week & weekends. Shift pattern – Monday to Friday double day shifts
Travel: Travel to other UK and overseas sites
Length of Contract: 12-months - Probable extension after initial contract duration
Technical MAIT focal point for all Manufacturing Engineering activities associated with Propulsion Pipework Installations and orbital TIG welding in a cleanroom assembly environment.
This is a key role within MAIT supporting the production of fully integrated Satellite Telecoms and ENS Products.
A key requirement will be a good understanding of the use of orbital welding heads for welding on small bore pipework systems including Titanium and Stainless Steel
• AIT Engineering Teams (M-AIT)
• AIT Operations team Leader(s)
• AIT Industrial Engineers
• Cross Site AIT Engineering Teams
• Engineering Support to Manufacture (ESM)
• Responsible for the ME production planning, based on robust processes and procedures. Responsible for maintaining reliable and consistence process outputs.
• Provide Manufacturing Engineering support to Operations including working with technical teams and designers
• Support the generation of standard documentation in line with scheduled needs.
• Produce work instructions & process plans based on project requirements and identify parts, tooling & resources
• Support quality reviews and Root Cause Analysis using lean tools, including driving and owning Practical Problem Solving.
• Support Lessons Learned exercises at key milestones involving all stakeholders
• Ensure interaction between all supporting functions to remove non-quality.
• Support to R&D / R&T for process developments and new process implementation, undertake process improvement and maintenance and monitor process implementation in operations.
• Ensure maintenance of specifications associated with these processes and training module creation.
• Review documentation and conduct safety reviews to support critical handling activities.
• A knowledge of welding metallurgy and NDT techniques
• A knowledge of clean small bore gas pressure systems and gas flow rates controls
• A proven analytical mindset. Able to assess existing processes and identify logical steps and documented controls for improvements
• A background in an aerospace engineering environment,
• High level technical skills and relevant experience
• Able to work with digital systems to manipulate 3d models using the CAD system (3DX), create work instructions (Delmia) and sign-off change actions
• Good team working and team leading skills.
• Practical and proactive.
• Process and Quality driven approach with high attention to detail.
• High self-motivation and ability to deal with changing priorities on a multi project basis.
• Good planning skills and process competence (MRP system experience an advantage).
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Driving build quality through a continuous improvement approach
• Good understanding and detailed experience of mechanical engineering and systems, including but not limited to:
Lean manufacturing techniques including 5S, root cause analysis and continuous improvement (Green belt).
• Quality controls and check points
• Mechanical handling of equipment.
• Work overtime and occasional shifts, as and when required.
• Able to support out of normal hours work using the “on call” rota process, as and when required.
• A good understanding of spacecraft propulsion and manufacture/build philosophies
• Mechanical design / manufacturing / validation / experience
• Knowledge of Health and Safety principles and their application to the specific environment
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION LEVEL:
• Minimum of HNC level in a Mechanical Engineering or Materials discipline.
• Ad hoc shifts and overtime plus “on call” work will be a part of the role as will overseas travel
Monday to Friday days - regular opportunity for working extra hours mid-week & weekends
Shift pattern – Monday to Friday double day shifts
Travel to other UK and overseas sites
Probable extension after initial contract duration
This role will be working on site full time - free parking is provided
Call the TARCG office on oo441392241335. or click the link below and apply for this position today!
TARCG is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
By applying to this advert, you give consent to TARCG holding & processing your personal data for the purpose of work-finding services.