Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
Use your project and organizational skills to be accountable for management of various external customer business projects that drive revenue, increase productivity, and improve processes. These projects span across multiple areas and businesses. You will be in a visible position and will require direct interaction with peers and leaders across all these groups. Your projects will vary depending on the organization being supported and therefore requires a vast knowledge across various business practices.
- Serve as primary customer contact for program activities to sponsor and lead program execution, lead program reviews and report on cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Accountable for understanding and interpreting customer requirements in order to work in partnership with customers towards derived solutions and leveraging existing solutions.
- Ability to facilitate and lead/transition projects through all phases of the project life-cycle.
- Participates in the preparation and evaluation of proposals, bid/no-bid decisions, business plans, Statements of Work (SOW), specifications, budgets and financial terms/conditions of contracts.
- Participates in negotiations of contracts and contract change management.
- Manages development efforts for product development, integration, and test.
- Responsible for conveying program requirements to support personnel (Engineering, Finance, Quality, Material Control, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and other organizational elements) throughout program lifecycle.
- Leverage new business with established customer base and identify/pursue opportunities with new customers to include thoroughly qualify new business leads and sales opportunities.
- Identifies program problems and risks and obtains solutions such as resource allocation and contract specification changes.
- Monitor and assess performance; identify problems and institute corrective actions as required. Identify, track and manage risk.
- Record and impart lessons learned from each program.
- Manage and evaluate financial and technical trade-off analyses required for scope changes in a program.
- Responsible for the direction, oversight, and outcome of all assigned programs.
- Establishes milestones and monitors adherence to master plans and schedules.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Finance
- 3-5 years in project management or leadership role
- Exceeding internal and external customer expectation
- Strong written and oral communication skills, particularly in cross-functional collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation
- Ability to travel up to 40%
- Integrative problem-solving skills
- Supply chain management, Material Handling Industry or distribution systems experience
- Expertise with Microsoft Office including Excel, MS Project and SharePoint.
- Knowledge of IT and financial systems preferred (Sales Force, SAP, Oracle, etc.).
- Ability to work on multiple projects and effectively manage priorities
Improving performance, meeting commitments, and getting result
- Master’s degree and Project Management certification (PMP) preferred
- Significant experience in project management
- Ownership, accountability, and ability to motive others
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to energize cross-functional, global customers, teams, and organizations
- Ability to think strategically while tactically setting goals and tasks scope
- Training and qualification in formal and systematic methods of program planning and management
- JOB ID: HRD195770
- Category: Business Management
- Location: 660 W Artesia Blvd,Compton,California,90220,United States
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.