Org Marketing Statement
Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world.
Summary-Responsible for ensuring maximum cost effectiveness and reliability towards manufacturing flow and processes.
- Determines processes for sequences of manufacturing operations on new & existing products in accordance with manufacturing requirements
- Ensure that current equipment, tooling, and processes meet customer quality requirements and are ergonomically sound for manufacturing
- Responsible for designing tooling and implementing assignments affecting manufacturing equipment and processes to achieve desired production goals and quality standards
- Develops innovative solutions to complex engineering and manufacturing production problems through identification and implementation of advanced manufacturing processes including conducting process analysis, applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials, conferring with suppliers, and soliciting observations from the operators/production technicians
- Refines and enhances processes by applying continuous improvement and key Lean manufacturing / production principles and techniques to areas of production.
- Recommends product changes / improvements to Product Engineers
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements, and equipment layout. Coordinates input that may cross multiple teams or areas; makes recommendations and implements changes.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods, testing finished product and process capabilities, and establishing standards to confirm and validate manufacturing process requirements. Determines root cause of failure using statistical methods (e.g., design of experiment, SPC) that may result in changes in design, tolerances, or processing methods
- Evaluates capital equipment investments and prepare cost justifications. Designs and prepares concept drawings of new equipment or modifications to existing equipment. Manages the overall implementations of capital equipment projects
- Develops tooling and fixtures for new products and processes and works with tooling vendors to supply such designs
- Identifies and implements solutions for issues relating to safety, quality, productivity, and cost reductions
- Prepares documentation for new manufacturing processes and engineering procedures. Prepares reports summarizing analyzed process information and trends
- Shares specialized knowledge with others. Represents Company on specific projects, leads and participates on project teams.
- Bachelor's Degree in related Engineering or Technology field and 2-3 years of related experience required
- Must be proficient in CNC programming and have a hands-on approach in the troubleshooting of CNC equipment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes preferred. Prefer Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, project management, FMEAs, and quality systems experience
- Injection Molding experience is a plus
- Excellent math skills and familiarity with personal computer and experience with CAD software (Inventor / EdgeCAM, CIMCAD) required for creating process prints, designing tools, fixtures, and gauges. required
- Must possess strong mechanical aptitude, ability to use basic measuring tools, and hands-on capabilities to work on projects without supervision
- Must have ability to deal with people at a cross-functional level. Position requires ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form in order to present information and respond to inquiries from employees, customers, and suppliers
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This position is subject to meeting export compliance eligibility requirements.
(“Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf