Key contributor to new contracting opportunities and supports bid/no-bid decision making. Conducts Request for Proposal review and development, conducts contract risk review, negotiates contract terms and conditions, receives and responds to customer correspondence on complex issues including claims. Provides or supports planning activities for assigned programs, conducts contract risk management reviews and recommendations to efficiently and cost effectively mitigate potential problems, manages the change control process with the Program Manager, and provides leadership to projects and programs.
Scope/ Supervision and Interaction
____ Has Direct Reports __X __ Does Not Have Direct Reports
Individual contributor role reporting to a Contracts Manager or lead role. Has frequent interaction with program and functional managers, internal teams, and customers or suppliers.
1. Administers highly competitive, major contract requirements by analyzing performance requirements and customer purchase order requirements including those issued against Basic Contract Agreements and/or Long-Term Agreements. Analyses include performance to delivery schedules, pricing, terms and conditions and other contract provisions. Maintains contract files and maintains records of contract change activity.
2. Determines technically and commercially compliant complex proposal packages for major customers in response to customer or contract requirements. Evaluates performance requirements, delivery schedules, and estimates of costs of material, equipment, and labor hours.
3. Initiates the bid process by identifying requirements and coordinating input from other functions. Develops complex responses to requests for proposal (RFP) by reviewing bid process procedures, reviewing material, test and other requirements, and preparing appropriate responses. Prepares and submits complex proposals.
4. Negotiates complex contract requirements in accordance with legal and company regulations and policies. Negotiates price, terms and conditions, deliveries, and other business issues within a broad scope of responsibility. Negotiates contract change proposals; statuses progress of contract performance obligations and reports to customer as needed. Makes proactive recommendations for contract changes for programs or projects of high scope and complexity. Focuses attention and activity on contract risk. Ensures contract provisions are clear and conform to company policy.
5. Investigates and resolves claims or complaints by collecting and analyzing information. Coordinates with relevant functions on technical and/or quality issues, data requirements, and other business issues as applicable.
6. Monitors contract performance by determining compliance to contract requirements and determining the need for amendments or extensions to the contract. Determines when customer directed changes are out-of-scope.
7. Acts as the point of contact with the customer on assigned contracts and participates in customer presentations.
8. Applies and may lead initiatives to improve the efficiency of internal systems and processes within the division and/or with corporate and customer involvement.
9. Maintains current professional and technical knowledge and may participate in professional associations (e.g.National Contract Management Association (NCMA); the International Association of Commercial Contract Management).
10. Ensures compliance with federal, state, and aerospace industry regulations; establishes processes for adherence to requirements and implements appropriate actions.
11. Acts as consultant to management on major contractual matters by performing analysis, interpretation of data, and incorporation of decision making.
12. Trains and mentors less experienced employees. May provide leadership to others in department or to ad-hoc teams. May serve as a functional expert.
· Bachelor’s degree (BA) in Business Administration or a related discipline. Contracts management certification preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through eight or more years of related experience of increasing responsibility.
· Understands and has demonstrated proficiency as a subject matter expert in the Contract Management pre-bid, bid, and post-award main phases and multiple stages. Ability to negotiate effectively on comprehensive proposal with major business impact.
· Advanced knowledge of contract administration principles, industry practices, regulations, and policies. Knowledge of complex legal and regulatory requirements related to contract administration and government procurement, if applicable.
· Maintains thorough knowledge of corporate and division policies and administrative procedures.
· Proficient in the use of standard business applications software and specialized in-house and customer systems.
Conditions of Employment
This role is subject to compliance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), which requires the incumbent to be either a US citizen, lawful permanent resident [“green card” holders], or have refugee or asylee status).
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For more than a century the company has been enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow. Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. However, U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency or other appropriate status is required for certain positions, in accord with U.S. import & export regulations.
(“Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal (eeoc.gov).