The Hydraulic Account Manager is responsible for maintaining/increasing sales volume and margin with existing and new accounts within the OEM channels. Accountable for executing assigned sales goals and sales plans within designated customers and/or within a designated sales territory. Responsible for securing and maintaining distribution of products and maintaining effective agreements. Actively support the corporation's Win Strategy. Proactively works with all divisional management and related support departments to ensure on time customer service needs are met or exceeded. Represents company at trade shows and other professional activities. Reports to Regional Sales Manager.
- Develops and maintains strong client relationships with OEM customers and may or may not have distributor accounts while meeting position objectives.
- Ensures Parker products are specified to maintain and increase revenue by prioritizing the opportunities on an account-by-account basis to obtain optimum sales and margin results.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive technical knowledge of group/divisional products, applications, features, advantages and benefits. Keeps up with internal and external training and development.
- Obtain specifications and approvals at engineering firms, major accounts and/or distributors assigned to develop increased sales opportunities and margins.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of competitive products and their activity in the marketplace and provide reports, on a regular and/or monthly basis.
- Keeps management aware of changes which would affect the distribution of Parker products. Participates in the development and implementation of appropriate response strategies.
- Assist the divisions in planning strategy to provide the products and service required for their assigned accounts. Actively support cross divisional and other group products with proper referral.
- Provide product training at the distributor and customer levels. Motivate and provide sales direction to the distributors. Assist in the conversion of competitive accounts to Parker.
- Bachelor’s degree (technical discipline may be required for some Parker Groups) with a minimum of 3 years of experience in direct and/or distributor sales of industrial technical products
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Must be able to travel overnight 50% to 70% of time; or as required
- Applicable product and system certification preferred
- Must have proven track record of performing or exceeding performance levels
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This position is subject to meeting export compliance eligibility requirements.
(“Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf