Calgary, AB (YYC)Posting Open Date:
05/25/2023Posting Close Date:
06/08/2023 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm MST
Every WestJet journey has the potential to enrich lives; a career with us is no exception.
WestJet arrived on the Canadian airline scene in 1996 and changed the industry for the better. We made air travel more affordable for Canadians and now we're going global.Join us and love where you’re going.
This position is eligible for remote work, within Calgary Alberta
, under our mobile workforce program.Overview of role:
The Commercial Strategy team has been formed recently to guide the planning of the go-forward commercial plan for WestJet and support key major strategic initiatives across the organization. This group will be critical for the future success of WestJet.
We are seeking an Intermediate Analyst to join the Commercial Strategy team to lead the analysis, development, and implementation of growth strategies across the broader commercial team for the coming years. This critical, future-oriented position requires an individual who exhibits a high standard of excellence, enjoys challenges, is results-driven, and demonstrates a passion for aviation. Key deliverables include:
Experience and qualifications:
- Support the development of our long-term commercial roadmap, working with partners in Network Planning, Pricing & Revenue Management, Strategy & Fleet, Finance, Loyalty, Sales, and Distribution
- Complete analysis related to Network Planning, Scheduling, and Pricing & Revenue Management
- Support the development and management of WestJet’s flight network, fleet, partnership plans
- Develop and present complex financial and strategic analysis to support executive decisions on major strategic and tactical initiatives
- Lead projects from assessment of needs, to recommending approaches, to knowing who in the organization to involve, and achieving success in a timely manner
- Maintain a deep understanding and stay current with industry trends, changes, and the competitive landscape
- Provide guidance on the implementation of projects, tasks, innovations, and opportunities; coordinate with stakeholders, define objectives, communicate moving milestones, and escalate appropriately
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal stakeholders, external vendors, and partners to obtain information and complete analysis
- Overall, this role blends strategic analysis, business intuition, creative thinking, and project leadership to build and implement a broad commercial plan for WestJet group for the coming years; the role also provides support to various commercial and operational teams within WestJet and requires strong collaboration and leadership skills
The benefits of being a WestJetter:
- University degree required, ideally in business, economics, statistics, mathematics, or finance
- Understanding of supply, demand, and airline economics
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Relevant work experience with previous work in airline commercial planning, scheduling, network strategy, revenue management is preferred
- Excellent analytical, inter-personal, and effective problem-solving skills
- Strong process management skills, initiative, ability to manage competing priorities and attention to detail
- Experience conducting detailed financial and strategic analysis, drawing out implications and recommendations
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to think “big picture” and understand what potential outcomes could be
- Exceptional presentation skills with the ability to communicate at an executive level with information that tells a story, highlights key insights, and influences business decisions
- Intermediate knowledge of data analysis and visualization tools such as Alteryx, KNIME, SQL, Tableau, PowerBI, Snowflake is considered an asset
WestJet provides all WestJetters with a competitive total rewards package. On top of that, we offer:
Think we are a fit? Apply now!
- A fun and friendly culture with colleagues who work together to win
- Travel privileges for you and your family, effective from your start date
- Savings and Benefit programs that are flexible to meet your specific needs
About WestJet Group Of Companies
Together with WestJet's regional airline, WestJet Encore, we offer scheduled service to more than 100 destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe and to more than 175 destinations in over 20 countries through our airline partnerships.Our Safety Promise
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will use safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.
WestJet recognizes that the use of Alcohol and Drugs can adversely impact a safe work environment and the well-being of others including guests, suppliers and the public, as well as place WestJet's operations at risk. All roles that are identified as safety sensitive are required to pass a Pre-Employment Alcohol and Drug Test as per WestJet's Alcohol and Drug Policy. Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We embrace what makes us each unique, and what makes us uniquely WestJet. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility and if you require accommodation during the selection process, please let our Talent Acquisition team know. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in WestJet; however, only those candidates who are selected will be contacted.
For more information about everything WestJet, please visit WestJet.com