Canada (Remote Work)Posting Open Date:
05/24/2023Posting Close Date:
06/07/2023 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm MST
Every WestJet journey has the potential to enrich lives; a career with us is no exception.
WestJet arrived on the Canadian airline scene in 1996 and changed the industry for the better. We made air travel more affordable for Canadians and now we're going global.Join us and love where you’re going.
Overview of role:
The Intermediate Analyst, Network Services, is accountable for the implementation and operational support related to data network technologies and services in a highly integrated environment.
This role is a supporting member of the Network Services Team, and is responsible for the daily administration, maintenance, implementation, and support of our growing network infrastructure. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated energy and willingness to learn about new technologies and business processes to support the implementation of scalable, secure, maintainable, and highly available network services.Key deliverables / responsibilities include:
Experience and qualifications:
- Administration of relevant technology within their product or operationally focused team (Cisco IOS/IOS-XE/NX-OS, Aruba Wireless, Infoblox DDI, F5 BIG-IP, Azure Networking, VMWare VeloCloud SD-WAN).
- Follow and/or develop methodologies and processes for ongoing maintenance and monitoring of network integrity.
- Participates in change, incident, problem management tasks within the Network Services team.
- Participate in managing diverse operational services, including, but not limited to:
- Design, procurement, configuration, and testing of network hardware.
- Patch management.
- Monitoring and alerting.
- Troubleshooting and incident resolution.
- Working with vendors and carriers during project implementation and incident management/resolution.
- Assemble, install, and relocate various types of network components, as required.
- Knowledge management input, development of support runbooks and transition to operation processes.
- Assisting with the gathering of information and response to assessment and audit requests.
- Creation and maintenance of network documentation and processes.
- Participate within an on-call rotation providing after-hours incident support and remediation.
The benefits of being a WestJetter:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent combination of industry training and experience.
- 3+ years of working experience with IT Networking platforms, associated interfaces, and network management within an enterprise environment.
- Vendor certifications and training on multiple products and platforms is a plus.
- Working knowledge in two or more of the following vendor technologies: datacenter networking (Cisco Nexus), LAN/WAN (Cisco IOS/IOS-XE), VMWare (VeloCloud), Aruba Wireless, Azure Networking, and/or Infoblox DHCP, DNS, IPAM.
- Experience with infrastructure as code (IaC) practices, Terraform, shell scripting, Ansible, and/or Python is an asset.
- Incident and problem management skills.
- Willingness and energy to learn related technology and business processes.
- Ability to determine root cause from outcomes.
- Strong problem solver with the ability to work independently, and as part of a team, with minimal leadership oversight.
- Proactive and results-oriented with good time management skills, and the ability to work well under pressure and focus on multiple priorities concurrently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and documentation skills.
WestJet provides all WestJetters with a competitive total rewards package. On top of that, we offer:
Think we are a fit? Apply now!
- A fun and friendly culture with colleagues who work together to win
- Travel privileges for you and your family, effective from your start date
- Savings and Benefit programs that are flexible to meet your specific needs
About WestJet Group Of Companies
Together with WestJet's regional airline, WestJet Encore, we offer scheduled service to more than 100 destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe and to more than 175 destinations in over 20 countries through our airline partnerships.Our Safety Promise
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will use safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.
WestJet recognizes that the use of Alcohol and Drugs can adversely impact a safe work environment and the well-being of others including guests, suppliers and the public, as well as place WestJet's operations at risk. All roles that are identified as safety sensitive are required to pass a Pre-Employment Alcohol and Drug Test as per WestJet's Alcohol and Drug Policy. Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We embrace what makes us each unique, and what makes us uniquely WestJet. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity, and accessibility and if you require accommodation during the selection process, please let our Talent Acquisition team know. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in WestJet; however, only those candidates who are selected will be contacted.
For more information about everything WestJet, please visit WestJet.com