To manage communications around a range of corporate and crisis situations, including issues preparedness and planning activities, partnering with the business continuity, NOC and ERC teams, organising team training exercises, and handling live crisis response for both internal and external audiences. In addition to core crisis comms requirements, act as a general communications manager to support specific projects, departments, markets and business/commercial objectives. This includes developing and executing communications strategies and the development and distribution of content including corporate messages, intranet content, press releases and statements.
- Handling the responsibilities of Primary Incident Manager, the Corporate Communications team’s key stakeholder responsible for live crisis response during disruptions and major incidents.
- Overseeing the development of Etihad’s crisis response strategies, as well as the associated statements, speeches, scripts, and FAQs as needed.
- Providing counsel on crisis and communications strategy, collaborating with internal stakeholders in legal, government affairs, operations, and other teams as appropriate.
- Respond to 24/7 intermittent and unexpected issues that may occur and result in working outside standard working hours.
- Identifying training and development opportunities for the team and managing the preparation and execution of crisis training exercises.
- Develop short and long term communications strategies and plans ensuring alignment with all stakeholders to support and drive Etihad business objectives
- Develop communications resources and assets, as well as presentations, speeches and other materials to support senior leadership and promote business objectives
- Support the wider team with development of corporate communications messaging, including internal messages, intranet content, press releases and statements.
Education & Experience
Higher Education/Degree or journalistic qualification. Strong IT background/competency preferred.
• 5+ years corporate communications and issues management experience; Aviation/aerospace background is advantageous.
• Extensive understanding and experience in supporting high-stakes crisis communications projects.
• Demonstrate experience managing and training multicultural teams.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-orientated environment with the capability to understand and distil complex situations quickly.
• Proven experience of producing content across a range of channels and exposure to digital content.
• English writing and proofreading: ability to write quickly, under pressure and to a high standard.
• Proficient in MS Office: the highest standards of presentation and administrative skills are expected.
• Flexibility: the nature of the department’s work, and this role in particular, can result in the need to work extra unsociable hours with little or no notice.
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, was formed in 2003 and quickly went on to become one of the world’s leading airlines. From its home in Abu Dhabi, Etihad flies to passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and North America. Together with Etihad’s codeshare partners, Etihad’s network offers access to hundreds of international destinations. In recent years, Etihad has received numerous awards for its superior service and products, cargo offering, loyalty programme and more. Etihad is recognised as one of the world’s leading airlines in response to COVID-19 and was the first airline in the world to fully vaccinate its crew on board.
Etihad sees tackling the climate crisis as the most important issue of our time, and through strategic partnerships with major global aviation brands and OEMs, Etihad is relentless in its pursuit of industry decarbonisation.
To learn more, visit etihad.com