The Manager Operations Documentation (MOD) reports to HFOS and he is responsible to lead and manage three functional teams of being EFB team, the Technical Writer team and Documentation Assistant team to deliver day to day Operational support to Etihad Operations.
•Submit the final sub -departmental budget
•Ensure recruitment and headcount is maintained in alignment with current workflow
- To oversee, track and report on Operations Documentation and EFB related Projects approved by theBusiness
- To oversee, track and report on Operations Documentation and EFB related Contracts executed byEtihad with approved suppliers to ensure that the scope, deliverables and obligations are complied withby both Parties
- Effective Management & Development of Operations Documentation and EFB staff in relation to jobperformance and behavior
- Ensure that the Operations Documentation and EFB teams operate with an embedded culture of safetyand efficiency
- Liaison with all internal and external stakeholders in relation to the development and execution ofContracts or Agreements related to Operations Documentation and EFB
- Management of the day to day operations of Documentation and EFB support Sections in collaborationwith Operations Management in accordance with the appropriate standards, policies and procedures.
- Review of industry standards, identification of areas for development and implementation of streamlinedprocesses for the effective management of document change requests in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that Etihad Airways Operations Manuals are updated with the latest regulatory, manufacturer(Airbus / Boeing) and company requirements.
- Developing subject technical expertise in the domain of Technical Writing, XML based authoring, whilstproviding detailed oversight of the publishing process from the initial conception through completion forall Etihad Operations related manuals and documentation.
- Ensuring that Etihad Airways’ onboard aircrafts and library manuals/forms are available and updated withthe latest revisions
- Ensuring that monthly inspection of on-board aircraft and offices libraries are conducted and that anyfindings are closed.
- Assess and review the overall EFB program regularly and provide feedback to senior management forpossible risks and formulate / review associated risk mitigation strategies.
- Develop and implement future EFB strategies that drive efficiency and cost improvements whileenhancing safety and compliance.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the HFOS as required
Education & Experience
- Educated to a minimum of high school certification
- University Degree is preferable
- Minimum 5 years Airline or OEM Experience
- General aviation background
- Knowledge of CAR - OPS/ EASA Regulations
- Familiarity with Operations Documentation and EFB program
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat/Frame Maker and XML editors
- Aircraft Manufacturer Documentation tools
- Experienced with change management and budget accountability
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, was formed in 2003 and quickly went on to become one of the world’s leading airlines. From its home in Abu Dhabi, Etihad flies to passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and North America. Together with Etihad’s codeshare partners, Etihad’s network offers access to hundreds of international destinations. In recent years, Etihad has received numerous awards for its superior service and products, cargo offering, loyalty programme and more. Etihad is recognised as one of the world’s leading airlines in response to COVID-19 and was the first airline in the world to fully vaccinate its crew on board.
Etihad sees tackling the climate crisis as the most important issue of our time, and through strategic partnerships with major global aviation brands and OEMs, Etihad is relentless in its pursuit of industry decarbonisation.
To learn more, visit etihad.com