We recruit the best talent and invest in their ongoing development, through training and mentoring. We provide opportunities to work across our national network. dnata catering U.S. is looking for a Buyer (Food & Beverage)
to join our Everett, MA
team supporting the Boston Logan Airport
. Key ResponsibilitiesPrepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price bids, confirming all orders with the VP of procurement and corporate team.
dnata is one of the world’s largest air services providers. Established in 1959, the company ensures the aviation industry operates smoothly and efficiently in 127 airports. Offering ground handling, cargo, travel, and flight catering services in 35 countries across six continents, dnata is a trusted partner for over 300 airline customers around the world. Each day, the company handles over 1,900 flights, moves over 8,500 tons of cargo, books over 16,000 hotel stays, and uplifts over 320,000 meals.
- Prepares purchase orders by verifying specifications and price bids, confirming all orders with the VP of procurement and corporate team.
- Submit all Purchase Orders to vendor(s) in a timely matter, and insuring delivery times are met.
- Transfer all CCP1/Purchase orders to Receiving Department before start of shift.
- Follow up on all incoming orders to ensure that all materials/products are within specifications; rely on all issues to Purchasing Director.
- Compare incoming purchase orders with invoice to ensure proper specifications, maintain all records.
- Submit verified PO/Invoice to Office Assistant for reconciliation.
- Conduct inventory on all materials/products.
- Collect price list(s) from vendors based on vendor pricing change schedule; assist Purchasing team with bid spreadsheets and updating as needed.
- Maintain an updated vendor list, based on changes.
- Ensure necessary department is aware of product substitution, shortage, etc. in a timely matter, if any.
- Assist in purchasing, receiving and storeroom functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
The salary range for this position is 54K- 73K annual with weekly pay
, which represents base pay only and does not include short-term or long-term incentive compensation. When determining base pay, as part of a final compensation package, we consider several factors such as location, experience, qualifications, and training.
- Bachelors Degree or Associates Degree with 5 years of experience.
- Must have Food & Beverage buying experience.
- Exceptional Food and Beverage knowledge.
- 10% Travel required.
- Procurement background with emphasis in national contracts with distribution to multiple locations throughout North America.
- Must have experience with negotiating high dollar volumes.
- Experience training others in a small and large group setting.
- Ability to produce, review, and maintain internal reporting.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Good communicator verbally and written.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Emphasis on customer service.
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
- Strong prioritization skills and the ability to perform multiple tasks.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. This position also requires constant attendance and punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time. Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan. Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 30 pounds. Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Use equipment and materials properly.
The essential functions of this position are performed indoors. The noise level in the work environment can range from minimal to loud.
We believe that diversity and inclusion are fundamental to creating a strong workplace and community. At dnata, we’re proud that our workforce is as diverse as the customers we serve. And we’re committed to nurturing your talent with mentoring, volunteer, and professional development opportunities. We welcome everyone. Our employee resource groups are one of the many ways we champion diversity and inclusion at dnata.