At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Major UK programmes such as Apache, Chinook, C-17, P-8A and Wedgetail are supported and delivered by Boeing Defence UK (BDUK), a subsidiary of The Boeing Company. Employing more than 1,400 people, BDUK also provides engineering sustainment and support for aircraft in service with the UK armed forces, along with virtual and instructor-led training. Leveraging our established defence business in the UK, and blending our local expertise with our ‘One Boeing’ global approach, BDUK is well positioned to support the UK with its current and future defence and security challenges. As a BDUK employee, you will have access to flexible benefits packages, employee incentive programs and study assistance. You will also have access to many resources that you will be able to access in order to inform and support your development throughout your career with us. While we work in agile and dynamic engineering environments, your wellbeing is important to us and we strive to find a healthy life balance and ethical team culture with a strong emphasis on openness, collaboration, innovation, safety and first-time quality.
First arriving in the UK 40 years ago, BDUK maintains the UK’s Chinook fleet of 60 helicopters under the Through Life Customer Support (TLCS) contract, the Digital Automatic Flight Control System (DAFCS) upgrade programme and the Chinook Engine Support Arrangement (CESA).
The person chosen to fill this position will form part of an MRO modification, servicing and repair team. The individual must have served a recognized relevant trade apprenticeship or trade training equivalent, and should have knowledge of general aircraft maintenance and environment processes (FOD control, tool control, health & safety & COSHH. Candidate must be experienced in the maintenance, modification and repair of aircraft, and aircraft components. Previous experience in leadership, supervision and control of technical staff is necessary. The role requires an individual with good communication skills, with the ability to distribute and sequence technical work requirements to their team, controlling demanding workloads, whilst delivering to a high standard, and maintaining schedule. Candidate must be capable of understanding and interpreting technical documents, drawings and associated publications. Possess a working knowledge of MAA Regulatory Articles (RA), MAA Regulatory Publication (MRP) Part 145, aviation Quality Assurance (QA) and Safety Management System (SMS) and the application of these requirements within their area of accountability, responsibility and authority. They will supervise maintenance activities, fault diagnosis and carry out disturbed system functional tests. This may be at multiple locations. They will supervise technicians to perform tasks associated with aircraft safe handling, maintenance, modification and flight test. Candidate will be responsible to ensure established process adherence, accurate and timely work recording and contractual/regulatory compliance. Candidate must be able to work under minimal supervision with limited direction.
- Forward support delivering Primary maintenance.
- Leads the assembly, disassembly and modification of systems by overseeing the change, removal, replacement or upgrade of aerospace vehicle components to correct failures or implement changes.
- Oversees assembly, disassembly or overhaul.
- Configures aerospace vehicles and bench test equipment.
- Directs troubleshooting of complex pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems to isolate mechanical or electrical faults and repair faulty components.
- Oversees validation/verification testing of systems and components.
- Documents procedures and established processes to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance (e.g., repairs, test results, applicable modifications and inspection results).
- Inspects components and verifies repairs for flight worthiness requirements.
- Leads and supervises others to perform tasks associated with the safe handling of an aerospace vehicle (e.g. jacking, towing, system operations).
- Provides training and mentors others. Works under minimal direction.
- Ideally you will have extensive experience working on Military Aircraft and be familiar with Boeing specifications and drawings
- Have experience supervising a team of aircraft technicians
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Experience with working with limited supervision
- Good organizational skills
- Attention to detail
What Boeing offers you
As a BDUK employee, you will have the freedom to choose a healthy work-life balance through flexible working arrangements, incentive programmes and access to a range of resources and tools to support your growth and wellbeing.
This includes our industry-leading Boeing Learning Together program which offers generous funding to help you enhance your skills — and learn new ones — at hundreds of accredited colleges and universities across the globe.
The Boeing benefits package goes above and beyond, focusing on your physical, emotional, financial and social well-being. Here’s a snapshot of what we offer:
- Competitive salary and annual incentive plans
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
- 23 days plus UK public holidays and a Winter Break between Christmas and New Year.
- Pension Plan with up to 6% employer contribution
- Short Term Sickness: 100% pay for the first 26 weeks
- Long Term Sickness: 66.67% of annual salary from 27th week
- 3x annual salary life insurance
- Learning Together Programme to support your on-going personal and career development
- Access to Boeing’s Well Being Programs, tool and incentives
- 6 weeks paternity leave
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants.
Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance (SC) for which UK residency is required. All information will be checked and verified.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.Export Control Requirements:
Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not accept unlawful discrimination in our recruitment or employment practices on any grounds including but not limited to; color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military and veteran status, or other characteristics covered by applicable law.
We have teams in more than 65 countries, and each person plays a role in helping us become one of the world’s most innovative, diverse and inclusive companies. Applicants are encouraged to share with our recruitment team any accommodations required during the recruitment process.