Job Title: Multi Skilled Technician - x 4
Location: Tewkesbury, UK – Hybrid - working from home options available
Compensation: Competitive salary + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 49889
Make your skills count
At Babcock we’re working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Multi Skilled Technician at our Ashchurch site.
As an international defence company, we support and enhance our customers’ defence and security capabilities and critical assets, meeting their requirements of value for money, increased availability, modernisation and flexibility.
The Multi Skilled Technician role is based within our Mission Systems business area.
Babcock is a trusted provider of integrated solutions for global defence and security. We have a wide portfolio of best-in-class intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance solutions, communications, and weapons launch and handling solutions across all domains, integrating the best of industry to meet our customers’ needs.
The difference our new Multi Skilled Technician will make
As a Multi Skilled Technician, you’ll have a role that’s out of the ordinary. You’ll conduct electrical, data network infrastructure and mechanical, installation and maintenance activities at UK and overseas sites.
Day to day, you’ll work under the direction of an Installation Team Leader providing installation for electrical, data, mechanical and communication equipment at customer locations and ensure you and others work in a safe and efficient manner, at all times, to produce quality assured products. You’ll assist the Installation Team Leader to ensure all installation related documentation is submitted to the customer for approval prior to undertaking any installation activities and again on completion of all tasks. You’ll also ensure appropriate engineering standards, as prescribed by Babcock standards, customer standards or professional bodies, ensuring best practice is employed with all installation activities.
At Babcock, we have a history of helping talent go far. With our track record of innovation, you’ll continually develop your knowledge and expertise.
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role provides hybrid working arrangements with 1 day in the office/onsite and 4 days working from home. The role requires regular travel and sustained deployment at locations both in the UK and overseas.
• Engineering Qualification NVQ3 in either mechanical or electrical discipline
• Exposure to mechanical and electrical discipline as a technician
• UK Driving licence
• C&G 2392 18th Edition Electrical Installations (desirable)
• Experienced in C&G 2391 Inspection & Testing
• You must be able to achieve DV clearance
What we offer
Generous benefits including:
• Generous holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays
• Reservist in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
• Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
• Our Big Benefit Platform allows you to make your money go further, with discounts from over 850 retailers.
• Employee Share Plan
• Professional memberships, personal development training an opportunities
• STEM ambassador training and volunteering opportunities
• Working from home and flexible work patterns
• Employee assistance programme supporting physical, mental and financial wellbeing
• Flexible benefits, including cycle to work scheme, discounts and our Share Ownership Scheme
• Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to be at your best
For over 130 years, we have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal. Change begins with our people and our shared Principles: be curious; be courageous; own and deliver; think: outcomes; collaborate; and be kind. These values not only guide the way we work, but also our efforts to reach net-zero carbon. Yes, our ambitions are big, but together, we can achieve them.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. If you are a reservist in the armed forces, we provide up to ten days special paid leave in support of your training commitments.
All applications should be made online. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone’s free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 8th June 2023