Job Title: Qualified Flying instructor
Location: Middle Wallop
Business Unit: Aviation
About the role:
We wish to appoint a Flying Instructor, reporting to the Flight commander. The key accountabilities of the job holder will be as follows:
- Deliver Army Flying Grading on behalf of the MoD to selected Army students.
- Complete end of course reports.
- Actively encourage and maintain a culture of military ethos throughout 6 FTS and embrace the Student Care Directives.
- To maintain the highest level of safety and quality throughout the 6 FTS operation.
- Ensuring that all communication, documentation, and typed material is of the required standard.
- Complete Staff Continuation Training requirements.
- Promote best practice and report bad practice and non-compliance to ensure continual improvement in the organisation
- Ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are always implemented and complied with.
What do I need to do the role?
Technical Experience and Qualifications
- Previous Military flying experience with a minimum CFS B1 QFI/QHI category.
- Minimum of Commercial Pilots Licence, Unrestricted Instructor Rating (with Aerobatics) and valid Instrument Rating
- Completed a Flying Supervisors Course/Flight Authorisers Course
- Be fully conversant with Military Flying orders
- Professional in appearance and manner
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Customer Care focussed
Please let your line manager know that you’re applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account, then you’ll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties, please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Closing Date: 12/06/23